Hey there!

In a few months I can afford to buy a peavey classic 30 head and ofcourse I need a cabinet for it. Now the most obvious choice would be the matched cabinet from peavey but I saw a handwired cabinet with 2 Clelestion Vintage 30 speakers at 333 Euros:

http://www.musicstore.de/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/MusicStore-MusicStoreShop-Site/de_DE/-/EUR/ViewProductDetail-Start;pgid=?SKU=GIT0006538-000&ProductUUID=0&JumpTo=OfferList

Now my question is: Would that be a good choice? I've heard the vintage 30 speakers are some of the most wanted ones. Can anyone give me any other suggestions?

Thanks!

EvilEdit: Should I even not buy the head version but the combo instead?
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Quote by Yngwi3

Bigger/louder/more watts =/= Better quality.
whether it's a good choice or not will depend on the player, guitar, and amp as well.
V30s are pretty good speakers, I have one in my mesa and really like it.

don't be too psyched about a "handwired" cabinet, there's really no other way to do it.
But what about the matched cabinet from peavey? would it be anygood or better or worse?
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Quote by Yngwi3

Quote by Dr.Evil Knödel
But what about the matched cabinet from peavey? would it be anygood or better or worse?

Peavey is not renowned for it's speaker quality. The great thing about going for the head is the ability to go for an alternate cab (no matter how sexy I think the Classic cab looks).

I'm also not a big fan of V30's. I'd look for a pair of Greenbacks, instead. But that's me. What kind of music will you be playing thru your new amp?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Yeah as TUMFP suggested pretty must just blues. So what do you guys actually think of that cab? of should I, as suggested by dsubstanceuk, get the combo?
Please some more opinions!

EvilEdit: NOT just clean blues i have to say. Stuff like SRV aswell

Quote by Yngwi3