okay so im thinking of purchasing a warwick 410 pro 300 wat cab with a warwick PROFET 3.2 300 wat head.
My question is. How well will this setup standup at shows loudness wise. and how big of a gig before id have to mic it up?

please help me out on this one. im not the most experienced (as in i can play the bass i just dont know alot of this technical junk.) but i need a decent sized setup with enough power for shows etc. at a reasonable price.

any help is much appreciated. quickly too ill probably buy it in the next hour!
thanks.!
If you want a decent sound to the audience you'll need it mic'ed or DI'ed. A bass amp wont fill the room from the stage.

300W would be enough. You'd probably be running it with an 8ohm cab tho so you'll get ~150W out of it.

I used to gig with a 100W amp but now I have my Ashdown its much more comfortable.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
No because the cab is 8 ohms. I run a 575 watt head through a 300 watt 8 ohm cab and it doesn't overload the cab because the head's RMS at 8 ohms is 300 watts.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
If the cab is 8ohms then no you wouldnt but you also wouldnt have any headroom in case of spikes in the output signal which could kill the speakers.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9