My mate wants to buy a new amp since his MG is killing him!

He has a budget of approx. 500euro but he can't go any higher though. He lives in Germany somewhere and would prefer to buy in store. He plays lots of blues, rock, indie and some metal, so ideally a versatile amp. He's using a Yamaha 112J Pacifica I think.

I recommend him a Laney VC15 110, Peavey Valveking 112 and a Fender Blues Junior. Any other amps you guys can think of?
Laney VC30/15 would be a great choice. Also, maybe a AC15 though that won't do metal.
IF he could stretch to around 630 he could get a Marshall Dsl401 which imo is a pretty good amp for the price and also have plenty of gain for him etc.
Thanks for the replies, every little helps.

I gathered the prices from Thomann.de, and all the amps you guys recommended are too expensive for him. :/ You guys know of any other sites other than Thomann?

Also to False_God, he can't told me that he definately cannot push his budget. :/
Try musicstore.de also, its got cheap prices around europe :O
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by False_God
Yeah gak is good for Marshall/Laney/vox.

Do they ship to Germany though? That would be pretty cool if they did.
Laney VC15 from Thoman is in his price range. 411 euros. Then he'll have some money left for a good distortion pedal to get some metal sounds out of it too.
Quote by johlin
Laney VC15 from Thoman is in his price range. 411 euros. Then he'll have some money left for a good distortion pedal to get some metal sounds out of it too.

Loud enough to jam with a drummer etc. etc. you think?
Quote by Mwoit
Loud enough to jam with a drummer etc. etc. you think?

Clean - no.
Distorted - yes.
I used to have a Hot Rod deluxe, which I got for 500 euro's, then sold for 500 euro's to get an ac30 for 700 euro's.

Look at the used stuff, there's quite a few gems to be found for virtually no money at all.