Hey guys,

Does anybody know what companies produce which tube amps in China/Korea? I know Peavey manufactures the ValveKing series in the far east, but I was wondering what other models from what other companies are manufactured in China/Korea only.

I know it's a weird question, but I really need to know.

Thanks!
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Orange Tiny Terror is one.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Vox is made in China.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Vox is made in China.

The Vox AD series is made in Vietnam, and their all-tube amps are made in England. Nothing Chinese about them.

Thanks for the replies! Keep 'em comin' if you've got any more!
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by Pleiadian
The Vox AD series is made in Vietnam, and their all-tube amps are made in England. Nothing Chinese about them.

The AD's may be made in Vietnam, but the AC's are made in China.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
The AD's may be made in Vietnam, but the AC's are made in China.

Really...well now that's interesting, thanks!
Do you know exactly which models are made in China?
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
The AC30CC, AC30CH, and AC15CC are all made in China.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Thanks a lot, slatsmania.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by metallica92
my friend borat say, the jew go to israel to eat moneys.

nope sorry man no idea

*reported*

not for the racism, just for being an utterly dismal failure when it comes to being funny.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by dsubstanceuk
It's spelt "monies" dumb arse. Wow, I had no idea VOX was made in China.

Yeah, it got me thinkin' as well...does anybody know if Laney produce some tube models in China too?
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
i think they;re still all made in england
but the voxs have become more of a hit and miss amp sicne theye been manufacturing them in china
nah Plei, I used to own a LC30, which was made in UK

LC is like their cheapest valve, i think.

EDIT: I was thinking about VOX being really high quality and all...It lost a great deal of points in my book now...

i thought of getting it, but there's no way i'm paying 800 euros for a chinese amp...

I'd rather go with a Peavey classic now
Last edited by zwound at Feb 17, 2008,
Quote by init24
i think they;re still all made in england
but the voxs have become more of a hit and miss amp sicne theye been manufacturing them in china

I just called to check, they are made in China.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by init24

Not true. The new CC series are probably the most reliable AC30's ever made, outside of the latest, massively expensive, hand-wired ones.

Quote by zwound
EDIT: I was thinking about VOX being really high quality and all...It lost a great deal of points in my book now...

i thought of getting it, but there's no way i'm paying 800 euros for a chinese amp...

I'd rather go with a Peavey classic now

I have a Classic 30. It's the backup to my AC30CC1, where it belongs. The AC30 is vastly superior. Fantastic tone and more features. Korg manufactures the AC30 in China to cut costs as much as possible. The result is an awesome amp at a reasonable price. The same amp built in the UK would probably cost 50% more. There were some reliability issues with the early ones, but since then they've really clamped down on quality control.

Don't let where it's manufactured scare you off.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Not true. The new CC series are probably the most reliable AC30's ever made, outside of the latest, massively expensive, hand-wired ones.

I have a Classic 30. It's the backup to my AC30CC1, where it belongs. The AC30 is vastly superior. Fantastic tone and more features. Korg manufactures the AC30 in China to cut costs as much as possible. The result is an awesome amp at a reasonable price. The same amp built in the UK would probably cost 50% more. There were some reliability issues with the early ones, but since then they've really clamped down on quality control.

Don't let where it's manufactured scare you off.

+1

Not like you've never seen that before...
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I think the new blackhearts are manufactured in korea or china.
Built like a brick, and sounds fantastic.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by dsubstanceuk
Wow, this shows how racist some amp buyers are. People rave about how amazing the VOX AC30 is, and as soon as they find out it's made in China, they think it's crap.

yeah for real.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by darkarbiter7

If i'm not mistaken, they're made in some dude's garage in USA
Quote by dsubstanceuk
Wow, this shows how racist some amp buyers are. People rave about how amazing the VOX AC30 is, and as soon as they find out it's made in China, they think it's crap.

I love the CLASSIC, OLD AC30s. FROM A VERY VERY LONG TIME AGO. Some people are ignorant. The modern line is quite an uncharted land for me...
I'm not fond of chinese stuff, especially if it's expensive...
Quote by zwound

They might have been designed in someone's garage, but they're all made in China.

(Grabs popcorn and waits for all the Blackheart hate...)
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by zwound

i think that's where they got their start. but he can't put out the thousands that are stocking stores and online retailers all over from his garage haha.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by dsubstanceuk

I don't think it's racist. There is a long history of lower quality control, and lower quality parts/materials made in China. It's skepticism more than racism. A lot of previous and new Chinese parts were robbed designs of other country's patented designs, using inferior materials and parts in a lot of cases. This isn't new, this has been happening for many years. It's more recent trend that there is good stuff coming out of their manufacturing.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by UnsignedRecords
i think that's where they got their start. but he can't put out the thousands that are stocking stores and online retailers all over from his garage haha.

Oh, okay.

That's a drop into my wisdom cup
There is a huge difference between employing an already existing Chinese factory, and building your own factory where everything is built on site where 100% of the quality control in in your own hands. This is what Vox does. The cost of living in China for the people is lower than the UK, or USA. That's why they do it.
Quote by Pleiadian
Yeah, it got me thinkin' as well...does anybody know if Laney produce some tube models in China too?

i heard (and this could be total BS, i have no idea) that the vc (and maybe lc too?) had the circuit boards made in the far east, but final assembly in the UK?

Not sure.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Erock503
I don't think it's racist. There is a long history of lower quality control, and lower quality parts/materials made in China. It's skepticism more than racism. A lot of previous and new Chinese parts were robbed designs of other country's patented designs, using inferior materials and parts in a lot of cases. This isn't new, this has been happening for many years. It's more recent trend that there is good stuff coming out of their manufacturing.

I agree. there are british people in the UK who will only buy Fenders and Gibsons. Are they racist against britain? Likewise there are americans who will only play marshalls. Do they wish the war of independence had never happened?

It's about quality, or perceived quality, and desirability (or perceived, again). Whether true, fair or not.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
This thread got me thinking...They should've (or should) make amps in japan...
Being a Japanese guitar stuff fan, i think amps made there would be the pwn.
ceriatone are made in china. They are typically known for their kits but you can get them fully assembled. They use good parts and have point to point wiring so they last longer and are easier to fix than most modern amps, however they are not cheap either.
Not taking any online orders.
I thought Ceriatone were made in Malaysia?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Maybe they are. When I got one off ebay the auction said it was maid in china but those aren't all that reliable.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by darkarbiter7

Only if they're Lego bricks. Have you seen the inside of those things?
I read something about the Blackheart amps that specifically mentioned personal involvement and close supervision of the manufacturing process by the folks at Blackheart. That tidbit, reports of great sound and performance from the Little Giant, and the fact they're designed with future mods in mind, swayed me enough to take the plunge.