i dont know what to get out of a epi les paul custom or an epi les paul custom plus, is there really that much difference or are they just about the same (in terms of sound)?
don't think there is much difference other than cosmetics.. the custom plus has a (e.g.) sunburst top where the custom has a plain (black/white) top.

correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I thought

cheers!
They're both the same thing except the Custom Plus has the added benefit of a flame maple cap.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Tonally the Custom Plus is a tiny bit brighter sounding, due to the slightly better and brighter sounding flame maple cap on the Plus compared to the regular maple of the Custom. You probably won't notice it though; even the 'Plus' Epi LPs are still darker sounding than a Gibson LP.
Quote by bokuho
Tonally the Custom Plus is a tiny bit brighter sounding, due to the slightly better and brighter sounding flame maple cap on the Plus compared to the regular maple of the Custom. You probably won't notice it though; even the 'Plus' Epi LPs are still darker sounding than a Gibson LP.

The Epiphone Les Paul Custom doesn't have a maple cap.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Actually, yes it does. They started putting maple tops on the regular Epi Customs back about two years ago when they reworked all of the production. Older Epi Customs will of course not have maple, but who buys an old Epi anyway?
Quote by bokuho
Actually, yes it does. They started putting maple tops on the regular Epi Customs back about two years ago when they reworked all of the production. Older Epi Customs will of course not have maple, but who buys an old Epi anyway?

Really? Jeez, I didn't even notice the difference sound wise. I was messing about with a '90's era LPC at a mom and pop store and it sounded identical to the brand new one.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster