I'm a newbie to buying amps, so I was wondering whether anyone could advise me on what the best amp is with certain specifications:

-I'd be playing hardcore/metalcore/alternative music
-I need an amp that plays clean for recording
-It needs to be fairly mobile, since my dad's in the military and moves around a lot
-It needs to be reliable, as that's a big thing I'm going for
-It does need to have decent distortion, too
-It needs to be in the price range of below 300 dollars

Also, I might be interested in a guitar distortion pedal, with the same specifications as above, but under $75.

Lastly, I'm going to be selling my amplifier through e-Bay. It is an Epiphone Studio 10S Amp - mainly a practice amp, not uber good, but definitely worth the tiny amount of money it costs. Here's its specifications:

-not even a year old
-comes with five year warranty (probably four by now)
-10 watt amp
-EQ allows for wide range of sounds
-extremely durable
-mobile
-reliable
-good for metal music/heavily distorted music
-loud (for size)
-cheap (im selling it with a buy-it-now of just $40)

It will be up for sale later on eBay - I'll post here when it is. It's in good condition; I don't have a current photo, but I'll put one up later. This is how it looks:'

BIG PIC:

SMALL PIC

Cheers! PM me with any questions, or post em here.
that pic is the ****in biggest thing ever xD
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
look into a Roland Cube 30... it's got nice cleans, many distortions, is portable, reliable, and versatile. it has optional footswitches, built-in effects, and a line-out for headphones or recording.
Quote by frigginjerk
look into a Roland Cube 30... it's got nice cleans, many distortions, is portable, reliable, and versatile. it has optional footswitches, built-in effects, and a line-out for headphones or recording.

Wow, this amp does look really great...thanks a ton, friggenjerk.

(EDIT - no pun intended)

Any other advice?
Last edited by punkforlife93 at Feb 17, 2008,