Okay so im looking in to getting a new guitar, i play mostly punk, pop punk, and hard rock. But i have small hands, so les pauls are out of the question. I need something with a thinner neck. Ive been looking at mim fender fat strats. i dont want esp or ibanez, im not a shredder. I'll consider a les paul if its got a smaller neck.

Thanks Guys!
hey i know youre not crazy about les pauls but try a gibson les paul junior, there cheap and they fit your music style perfect, at least better than a strat or any other guitar up there.

link
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Junior-Electric-Guitar-517341-i1149304.gc
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
fat strats are sweet but i think they have jumbo frets and a thick neck.. not sure though. schecter has thinner necks
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
Juniors don't have necks any smaller than any other LPs.

That said, even small hands can (or should) be able to cope with an LP's 60's style neck or an Epi neck (close to a 60's except at the very highest frets where it is marginally thicker). Plenty of smaller people have used Les Pauls and SGs. Though, I doubt this person has enough money to spring for a Gibson with a proper 60's neck, and Epis are too darkly toned for what he wants to play anyway.

ESP and Ibanez aren't just for shredding. I personally don't care for Ibanez but ESP are a solid brand, and their LTD series aren't entirely awful either. Some of their guitars may very well suit you, so check them out.

Failing that though, I think you're a bit stuffed. A Strat won't really suit you unless you get an HH model (I doubt the neck single coil of an HSS would be of much use to you), which are limited in their options, can be hard to get hold of, and cost a fair bit more than other Strats.
dude do not get the junior. For that price you could get way better models with more versatility... and by the way hss is way cheaper than a strat. at least the ones i have seen are.I prefer ibanez but he's right esp is sweet too
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
Last edited by joshjebl at Feb 17, 2008,
Ibanez... shredder? oO

Hm, maybe you mean the pointy shape of the RGs, but you could also have a look at the ART320 for example. That one's LP-shaped.
Or if you want a Strat-shape, maybe an S or SA...

But if you still don't want an Ibanez look at some Schecters. ^^

cheers!