I've heard u hit the bridge with your palm, and Ive heard u can just hit the strings anywhere which one is the correct way? Thanks for the help
rest the edge of your hand close to the bridge and play as you normally would. You should hear a chuggy heavier sound.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
place the edge of your palm on the bridge right where the strings meet the teeth it should make a slightly more bassy percussive sound
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
To palm mute, lay the heel of your palm (or the bottom side of your palm) on the strings at the bridge. If you do it right, the sound your strings make becomes deeper and heavier, but with less treble and more bass.
If your life was a song, would you sing my name?
Palm muting is hardly an advanced technique hence it does not belong in this forum. To answer your question, you palm mute by "rolling" your hand over the strings just at the bridge. There are many tutorials on this, so I suggest you simply google it.
Quote by therealtater
okay thanks guys, now all I have to wait and get the cast off my wrist =(

haha, well there's your problem
Quote by visionen
Palm muting is hardly an advanced technique hence it does not belong in this forum. To answer your question, you palm mute by "rolling" your hand over the strings just at the bridge. There are many tutorials on this, so I suggest you simply google it.

+1