Okay so im getting any amp i want monday, and i need some suggestions.
I want an amp that has a great clean tone so that i can add effects to it.

The amp i have in mind is a Fender '65 Twin Reverb, or a Marshall Bluesbreaker.
Then run a Fulltone OCD Overdrive through either one of those.
I play more metal and classic rock, but i also like the occasional blues and stuff like that.
So if you could suggest anything else, please let me know soon.

Thanks
Neither of those is much of a metal amp. With you're apparent budget, I'd look into something like an Orange Rockerverb 50 instead. The Orange will still do great cleans, but will do your heavier stuff better.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Yeah i would love an orange head. But we dont have one in stock.
The amps that i listed are the best amps in the store for under 2000.
i guess the bluesbreaker if its your only option. i'd get them to order you an amp, cause neither of those are very metal
well i guess i wouldnt say i play alot of metal, i just like the occasional Metallica, and bands like that.
i actually play more classic rock than anything.
Yeah, the Bluesbreaker is awesome for anything with an O.D. It's my favorite amp ever (and I play the same stuff you do.)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Well if you're buying the Bluesbreaker, then say goodbye to metal
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hultan
Well if you're buying the Bluesbreaker, then say goodbye to metal

Not necessarily. One of the resident metal bands around here records all of their guitar parts with a vintage Bluesbreaker. It actually sounds a lot better than most of the other local metal bands.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
You'd be hard pressed to find a worse metal amp than a Fender Twin.

That said, though, with the right overdrives (no typo), you could do it.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Budget? I'd say Orange or Budda for all-round clean and heavy goodness. I love the Bluesbreaker but getting a metal tone out of it will require a bit of patience, and probably more than one overdrive...
Quote by Kendall
Not necessarily. One of the resident metal bands around here records all of their guitar parts with a vintage Bluesbreaker. It actually sounds a lot better than most of the other local metal bands.

Oh yeah but whatever, but wouldn't you prefer something else rather than a bluesbreaker for metal?
Maybe you like their tone because it happens to sound more unique (because they use a bluesbreaker for metal) compared to the other local metal bands?
I still think it's pretty much goodbye to metal if you buy a Bluesbreaker. Like above said, you need some patience.
It's not worth it.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
I can get a good Metallica tone out of my friends bluesbreaker with a Tonebone OD.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan