So a few weeks ago my g-dad fell in the yard and broke his hip. We took him to the hospital and he's been there ever since going through physical therapy cause he had an operation and they put a metal hip in there. He's been delusional ever since and today my mom's bringing him home for a visit (I'm assuming she's taking him back to the hospital since he's not done with it yet). She wants to bring him back for good though and I don't think it's a good idea because he would be here sometimes un-supervised and I don't want him to fall again. He's also the type of person to do **** that's dangerous =-/ . I remember the first night he was there they had to restrain him because he was getting violent or something.

So like, what should I do? I don't know how to react to all of this.
Well, could it be possible that your grandfather has Alzheimer syndrome or a similar disorder? Maybe you should get a nurse for him? And if he brabbles about the past, just talk along....

That would be mah advice

Quote by str84ever
I just spent 5 minutes working out what a g-dad is...

im still trying to figure out : /
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
I would say be supportive, thats about all you can do. I would voice my concerns with my parents about the unsupervised time and try and figure something out.

now are you opposed to his staying there because it would interfere with you, or are you just concerned about his health?

if he stays at your house, teach him to play guitar, haha. it might stop him from doing dangerous things, and it will give him something to do while you guys are out.

EDIT: and if he does have Alzheimer's then he definitely needs full time supervision and a nurse would be necessary later on it its development
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
I'd ask some forum members on the internet by creating a topic about it. Perhaps a forum on guitars?
Try talking to your mom and telling her how you feel about it.

And if anybody doesn't know, I'm pretty sure g-dad means grandfather...
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
lol i thought it was like a new i-pod for a while
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
If i had a raving loony grandad, there first thing to come into my head would not be "lets put up a thread in the pit asking for advice"
Unless i didnt like him and wanted to laugh at him

Peace out
----
Quote by ozzy102691
im still trying to figure out : /

It means his dad rolls with G-unit.
Its a shame when the old become a burden.

The first time i **** my pants through something that isnt fear or alcohol related. Thats when i know my games up and its time to end it.
first of all:
@ Flipaningage, jimmyhotpants, campbell92 and any others who will say the same stupid jokes:
this guy needs some help, has troubles, and you just make stupid jokes to make him worse... ok....

@TS: try to talk to you mother and clear things out. calm down when talking to her.

EDIT: yeah more people made stupid jokes...
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
A G dad is just a gangster dad.

Tell your mom what a terrible idea it is to let the old man get himself into trouble, forcing everyone else to be totally stressed and given a whole new set of responsibilities
Quote by Preid

The first time i **** my pants through something that isnt fear or alcohol related. Thats when i know my games up and its time to end it.

Nah, more like when you can't **** without external aid. THAT'S when you know it's all in the past. Right?
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Nah, more like when you can't **** without external aid. THAT'S when you know it's all in the past. Right?

Im really hoping its the f*** in there but s*** also works

O noes am spammin'
Quote by campbell92
I'd ask some forum members on the internet by creating a topic about it. Perhaps a forum on guitars?

HAHAHA
Quote by campbell92

Yes I concur.

Alex Ill take "I killed my g-dad because hes dilusional" for $400.
Last edited by Shywalk329 at Feb 17, 2008,