so i finally manage to get enough money to get my new guitar and to my shock and horror the only one i've managed to find in my town is sold, and seeing as epiphone/gibson aren't stocking cape town any more (i was goin for a tony iommi sg) i dont think im goona be able to get hold of one

so the obvious choice would to have one shipped over
however i'm quite sceptical about doing this, worried about things getting damaged, goods not being sent, etc
and it doesnt help that i live in south africa some thousands of kilometers away

so my question is if anyone has experience with shipping axes from the US and any knowledge which could help me out in this situation
please
Pros:

Cheaper + Your future axe has been on a boat compared to your other axes.

Cons:

Can get dented and easier to be hit. If that makes sence?
Quote by killedbyaspork
because there is also a gibson squire, and they don't want to get them confused
Well thing is; people who can search through loads of Les Pauls for example to check them all out, as the wood, build quality and actual quality of SOUND can vary hugely; so you could be spending money on a dissapointing product, or get lucky and get an amazing one; it's a bit of a lottery
Shipping from the USA can also be an issue due to cost, which means its often cheaper to drive a little bit and find a shop that has what you want.
(^ +1 basically)

if postage (and customs etc.) isn't prohibitively expensive, and you buy from a company with known good QC, and it's insured shipping, it's probably not a problem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?