Is it good for high-very high gain stuff?
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
depends what you class as 'very high gain'

Examples of some bands?
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
How high gain are we talking here? It can do Metallica-ish gain with a boost.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
yes. But it is british voiced, so not like, modern metal type stuff. More for slayer type applications. It doesnt put out mesa boogie tones, but it does uber hot rodded jcm 800 tones.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
yes. But it is british voiced, so not like, modern metal type stuff. More for slayer type applications. It doesnt put out mesa boogie tones, but it does uber hot rodded jcm 800 tones.

It's supposed to be a JCM800 clone of sorts, so that's not surprising.

My local GC had two repaired Windsor heads selling for $289USD... As much as I don't need another head, that's really hard to pass up.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
It's supposed to be a JCM800 clone of sorts, so that's not surprising.

My local GC had two repaired Windsor heads selling for $289USD... As much as I don't need another head, that's really hard to pass up.

I'd buy it just for shits and giggles. That's cheap.

The Windsor is still a great amp TS, try it out, you might like it!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I have a Bad Monkey running into the high gain jack, and a 7 band in EQ in the effects loop and it can get damn heavy.

On it's own though, I'd say probably Slayer/Evile/etc. With a boost it gets into more hardcore type stuff, and with an EQ in the effects loop it gets it just about everywhere it needs to go gain-wise.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Well I have a Crate Palomino right now, and I'm going to start playing live. So I want a half stack so I for sure can get it loud enough. My palomino has decent overdrive, but not the type that I need. It's more vintage, very solid for Hendrix type stuff. But I need higher gain so I can do my Metallica and Ozzy and stuff. So thanks for the replies, keep em comin.
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Quote by bobbyj84
Well I have a Crate Palomino right now, and I'm going to start playing live. So I want a half stack so I for sure can get it loud enough. My palomino has decent overdrive, but not the type that I need. It's more vintage, very solid for Hendrix type stuff. But I need higher gain so I can do my Metallica and Ozzy and stuff. So thanks for the replies, keep em comin.

if all you need is metal type tones, its perfect. It will NAIL the ozzy tones. And with a price like 300 bucks, you cant beat getting those tones for soooooo cheap.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer