Hello, hello !

I'm sorry if this has been covered already somewhere else, and so if it has, I'll ask someone point me in the right direction for the thread in which it was covered, but I've browsed quite a few of the forums and can't find what I'm lookin' for.

My question being, how in the world am I going to make my electric (on clean, of course) sound like an acoustic !? I've messed with the EQ, reverb, delay, and chorus (decided it has no place in this "mock acoustic tone" I'm looking for) on my amp, and quite frankly, I just can't find that tone I'm looking for.

The idea of the tone knob on my guitar suddenly comes to mind, so I suppose I'll mess with that as well.

I was most unfortunate enough to think that, the bigger the amp, the better, and thus made the mistake of buying one of those Marshall MG models (the 250DX, I believe). I -suppose- it's an alright solid-state, but I wish I had been given the warning about MG models before having purchased it. It'll go on e-bay, eventually. ^_^

The guitar I primarily use -- and will end up being the only one I have, as I'm selling the Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse and Jackson JSR30 on e-bay; they're just not guitars you can expect much from -- is a Jackson KVX10, and I plan on swapping the pickups out for Seymour Duncan's favorite pairing (the SH2N and SH4) due to the versatility they seem to offer.

Any insight on this will be helpful. Thank'ou in advance. =D
There's a huge range of effects pedals out there that are both cheap and (pretty much) effective.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Piezo pickups or acoustic simulation effects.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by fumb-duck
http://www.thomann.de/ie/boss_ac3.htm thats ment to be pretty good.

but i wont be great. how about buying an acoustic?

Oviously thats the best way and it delivers the best sound.

He might want to play acoustic interludes though, without changing guitars, then go back to overdrive/distortion etc.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Phill-Rock
Oviously thats the best way and it delivers the best sound.

He might want to play acoustic interludes though, without changing guitars, then go back to overdrive/distortion etc.

i suppose. it was just a suggestion he wont get a great acoustic sound with an electric though. especialy with an mg. the cleans are terribble.
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Your username... it's amazing.

Yup.
I can highly recommend the fishman powerbridge...

I got one in my les paul and through a p.a. you can't tell the difference between it and a real acoustic
Quote by fumb-duck
http://www.thomann.de/ie/boss_ac3.htm thats ment to be pretty good.

but i wont be great. how about buying an acoustic?

xD ! Yeah, that probably would be the best advice, but as someone mentioned, acoustic interludes without switching guitars is the aim.

Thanks for the advice peoples !