Basically, I like to think you can get an amp with x amount have x+y gain if you get my drift.

Basically, I just cranked my TT, full gain full volume and it with a high output passive bridge pickup it sounds...surprisingly "brutal". So my question is, what is a modestly priced boost pedal that would bring it (in layman terms) from "brutal" to "t3h bR00t4lz".

I'm assuming I'm going to be bombarded with OCDs and TS808s/9s but those are a bit pricey. And no distortion pedals please...

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Digitech Bad Monkey.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
im not going to suggest an ocd. I would recommend a maxon though. what you want is like a rangemaster type boost, or a zvex sho, both of which are very pricey.

To do this on a budget, pm ECisthebest and get him to build you a boost. its really the cheapest way.

and i know, i keep recommending ECisthebest to people but seriously all these boutique guys overcharge when you could get someone like EC to build it for you cheap
well I never tried one but if you want cheaper then maybe a Digitech bad monkey
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
I would get EC's pedal but I'm not in the U.S so that could bring the price up.

I'll give the bad monkey a go. Is it usually seen as being a decent pedal?

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
ah good point. yeah, you just need a nice little boost pedal. bad monkey is a good start. plus, its nice and cheap
Quote by helsinki_vampir
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjECjGtW2m4
TT + Tubescreamer = t3h bR00t4lz

The TT can do more than that on its own...just crank the gain.

I'll give the Bad monkey a go though. Thanks!

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Quote by philjay
The TT can do more than that on its own...just crank the gain.

I'll give the Bad monkey a go though. Thanks!

I just used that as an example.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Yeah I know, didn't mean to sound aggravated or w/e

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Quote by s.r.v.
im not going to suggest an ocd. I would recommend a maxon though. what you want is like a rangemaster type boost, or a zvex sho, both of which are very pricey.

To do this on a budget, pm ECisthebest and get him to build you a boost. its really the cheapest way.

and i know, i keep recommending ECisthebest to people but seriously all these boutique guys overcharge when you could get someone like EC to build it for you cheap

i can't sell mosfet boosts for more than what the parts and shipping costs. its just jack orman's rules for his pedals. so if i was to build it for someone, i need to be in such a mood for it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
If you can get your hands on an MXR Boost (whether it be the custom shop boost or micro amp), I'd go with one of those. I used to use it as a gain booster for a heavy sound, but now I just use my OCD
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Quote by xTJx
If you can get your hands on an MXR Boost (whether it be the custom shop boost or micro amp), I'd go with one of those. I used to use it as a gain booster for a heavy sound, but now I just use my OCD

Could you make me some sound-clips?

I mean ideally I'd be looking at a good chug chug sound but I hav a feeling that's a bit optimistic..

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Quote by philjay
Could you make me some sound-clips?

I mean ideally I'd be looking at a good chug chug sound but I hav a feeling that's a bit optimistic..

You can get some chug chug sounds. I pretty much used Rob Chapman's settings in his Tiny Terror metal video, and threw on a boost.

Check his video out if you haven't seen it. He uses the custom shop boost for it.
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Yeah seen that one but I'd rather be able to get heavier than that..

I'm aiming for something along the lines of: http://www.myspace.com/theeyesofatraitor.

Maybe I should just get a metal muff (yes I realise it's a distortion pedal..)

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
I had a metal muff for a bit and it was noisy as hell, so you might be better off looking into the Box of Metal because it's got a noise gate built into it.
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Yeah but that thing is expensive and doesn't raelly get the sounds I want according to the sound clips...oh well nevermind. I'll just save up for a boost and settle with that, I was getting one anyways.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Boss SD-1 is pretty cheap and a decent pedal for boosting. But not sure about the feedback you'll get at high volume levels.
Ok, I was recommended the MXR MC401 but it says it's a clean boost which isn't really what I need...unless it increases the gain if I have the gain all the way up?

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
clean boost IS what you need. it adds more potential to your gain knob.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard