Page 1 of 9
Well they finally did it, Kosovo is now an independent nation.

the Serbian minority in the country are currently rioting outside the US embassy and are stoning the building

Personally I think that with the backing of the E.U. and U.S.A Kosovo will succeed even without Russian or Serbian support, still it looks like the outcome might include ethnic violence

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Last edited by wiggy1988 at Feb 17, 2008,
Quote by Teufel
Who cares?

Take your fascism somewhere where it's wanted.

Well, I personally believe in self-determination. Kosovo has a right to independence because it is quite culturally and ethnically different from Serbia...

And unfortunately, a minority is a minority...
Quote by ldzppln81
what the **** does this have to do with guitars?

It's The Pit,nothing here has to do with guitars.....
Quote by ldzppln81

what does masturbation
invading canada
fleshlights
girlfriend issues
caturday
and all the other stupid things that go on in the pit have to do with guitar?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by ldzppln81

Im close to reporting you.

its the pit.
yea, i saw in the paper they would do it today, but y r they stonin the us embasy?
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
Just what we need,more people angry at us....

actually 94% of Kosovo is waving the American and EU flag right about now (literally) they see the US as liberators who helped bring about their independence
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by wiggy1988
actually 94% of Kosovo is waving the American and EU flag right about now (literally) they see the US as liberators who helped bring about their independence

No,I meant the Serbians,though I think they've been angry at the US,right?
Quote by cap'n curry
yea, i saw in the paper they would do it today, but y r they stonin the us embasy?

The Serbian minority refuse to acknowledge Kosovo's independence, they see it as an illegal move and they blame the US for backing Kosovo's independence so quickly and also helping to bring it about. so about 2,000 serbs are attacking the US embassy
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
"The independence of Kosovo marks the end of the dissolution of the former Yugoslavia," the prime minister said

Fair enough. Just hope there's no major trouble.
Kosovo is going to become the perfect EU state.
Under Kosovo’s agreement with the west and the EU in particularly they are to have what is referred to as supervised independence, to be supervised mainly by the EU.

As part of this agreement the EU will set a task for Kosovo will set the way it needs to reform its criminal and judicial policy, social policy, economic policy, to tackle corruption and everything else. We have the power of veto over the Kosovo parliament.

With this direct involvement will we see the perfect EU state emerge , one shaped by the EU in its own image.
Kosovo already uses the euro is it possible that within 5-10 years we could see a country that is more integrated into the EU than we all are.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
No,I meant the Serbians,though I think they've been angry at the US,right?

...Oh yeah, they are pretty damn annoyed, though more at the E.U. than anything, since the E.U. is preparing to help set up the countries infrastructure so that its ready to join the European Union in around 10 years
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
i personally disapprove the Kosovo republic.. but i think this should take place in "the only political thread"
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Kumanji
The US has no right to back anyone in Kosovo, in my opinion.

But there you go

well all 109 members of the Kosovo parliament voted in favour of independence. Why wouldn't the US support them, The UK has
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by Kumanji
The US has no right to back anyone in Kosovo, in my opinion.

But there you go

Why not? Kosovo has taken alot of **** from Serbia, he may have killed himself but history will remember what Milosovic did.

Without the backing of other major powers what would stop the Serbs starting another war to keep Kosovo? Assuming they still want it.
Quote by wiggy1988
well all 109 members of the Kosovo parliament voted in favour of independence. Why wouldn't the US support them, The UK has

A state as small as Kosovo risks becoming a pawn of the powers that be, like Israel. It's somewhere that the US can use to exert pressure on Russia, among other places.

Oil. Nuff said.
I've been bitched at by so many people from that area for calling it Kosovo, that I'm pretty damn sure it's spelled "Kosova."

I guess they just pronounce things very differently.

Well, however you spell their name, good for them.
sweet! Behind enemy lines 2 here we come!!

in all seriousness, its nearly as bad a s satellite states back in the cold war. Russia and serbia, to life long allies, russia saw itself as a serbian protector for centuries. Now that serbia is losing part of its country and despite a 100% vote to break away , russia still opposes, and then thretens the west.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by Kumanji
A state as small as Kosovo risks becoming a pawn of the powers that be, like Israel. It's somewhere that the US can use to exert pressure on Russia, among other places.

Oil. Nuff said.

Its under the partial control of the EU not the USA, the EU will stay there helping to establish a stable democratic nation without corruption untill it is ready to join the E.U. the US won't play a role.

this is what Kosovo wants, and they are aware of the E.U. presence.

PS. Isreal is not a pawn of the US its a nation surrounded by people wanting to wipe it out who gets most of its support from the US....if I was in that situation I'd want to ally with a powerful nation too
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by wiggy1988
Well they finally did it, Kosovo is now an independent nation.

the Serbian minority in the country are currently rioting outside the US embassy and are stoning the building

Personally I think that with the backing of the E.U. and U.S.A Kosovo will succeed even without Russian or Serbian support, still it looks like the outcome might include ethnic violence

Sorry, but the two cannot coexist.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Sorry, but the two cannot coexist.

thats why theres a huge international police force on its way to Kosovo, not to mention equal rights have already been assured
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Great news! Kosovo is finaly independent! I think all small nations should become independent! I hope someday Basque will also gain independece!
Quote by synpet713192
I've been bitched at by so many people from that area for calling it Kosovo, that I'm pretty damn sure it's spelled "Kosova."

I guess they just pronounce things very differently.

Well, however you spell their name, good for them.

Iit Kosovo!
First Montenegro, now this! Poor Serbia is losing all it's friends.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by torturer6067
Great news! Kosovo is finaly independent! I think all small nations should become independent! I hope someday Basque will also gain independece!

as long as the majority of the population is in favour of independence I have no problem with any nation declaring independence

Quote by HaKattack
First Montenegro, now this! Poor Serbia is losing all it's friends.

it even got its thread closed if I remember rightly
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by ldzppln81

do u realize ur in the Pit?
Quote by bendystraw
good luck in the war... oh wait Canada. lol.
Quote by Carswell98
I like the name Canada, lets stick with that

then, everybody will think its a joke when someone screams;
"THE CANADIAN ARMY IS ATTACKING!!!!!!"

element of surprise is ensured
Quote by wiggy1988
The Serbian minority refuse to acknowledge Kosovo's independence, they see it as an illegal move and they blame the US for backing Kosovo's independence so quickly and also helping to bring it about. so about 2,000 serbs are attacking the US embassy

they wanna get shot dont they. do they realize its the US embassy?
Quote by bendystraw
Quote by Carswell98

Quote by Ur all $h1t
Kosovo is going to become the perfect EU state.
Under Kosovo’s agreement with the west and the EU in particularly they are to have what is referred to as supervised independence, to be supervised mainly by the EU.

As part of this agreement the EU will set a task for Kosovo will set the way it needs to reform its criminal and judicial policy, social policy, economic policy, to tackle corruption and everything else. We have the power of veto over the Kosovo parliament.

With this direct involvement will we see the perfect EU state emerge , one shaped by the EU in its own image.
Kosovo already uses the euro is it possible that within 5-10 years we could see a country that is more integrated into the EU than we all are.

i see as many things wrong with that as there are things wrong with the way Irag was handled by us Americans.
Quote by chea_man
i see as many things wrong with that as there are things wrong with the way Iraq was handled by us Americans.

sorry but it was annoying me
Quote by bendystraw
Quote by Carswell98

Quote by wiggy1988
thats why theres a huge international police force on its way to Kosovo, not to mention equal rights have already been assured

Not that it's really needed, KFOR has a hell of a lot of force already there, with KFOR East being dominated by the US.

I'm glad for Kosovo.
My God, it's full of stars!