So I have been playing for a little more than a year now. I've only played bass and acoustic guitar but now I want to play the electric. I want a good guitar, not some crappy starter. I have enough money to spend to do this but I don't know if I should. I plan on buying a Schecter C-1 Classic for $400 soon and then later buy hopefully a tube amp used for whatever amount of money (around $400 maybe). I might even get a Peavey Valveking 112 new if I can't find something else. Thats $800! More than my bass, bass amp, bass accessories, and acoustic guitar cost. Still, I know the Schecter is an amazing guitar and will make me so much better by learning off of it. I can play on my cruddy bass amp until I get an amp that it worthy.

Do you think this is a good idea? What do you think?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Last edited by SOCOOLITHURTS at Feb 18, 2008,
no your already a player so you will just be pissed with out a good amp. split the money and go used.
buying the stuff = good idea if you have the money

playing through bass amp = baaaddd idea
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender CD-SCE140 Acoustic Electric
1962 Guild MKIII Classical
Get the gear you want, not the gear you can afford right now. Get a job.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

True that , the equip you want the most .. you should save for becuase in the long run it will mean more to you. I started of getting used stuff and now im saving for a New Ibanez, the used things i bought still mean alot to me, if youre just looking for a guitar and not getting something that means anything to you then go ahead its youre choice man
My Guitars --
Ibanez - Rg350
B.C Rich - Warlock
Wartribe (KKV) Special
Washburn - Oscar Schmidt Solid Body(Electric)Guitar
- Acoustic Guitar
Damn, if you can get that C-1 Classic for about half price, i would go for it.

But yeah, dont play out of a bass amp.
Whats wrong with a bass amp? I know playing a bass through a guitar amp isn't smart but the other way around should be fine right?

I would play mostly rock/metal. Probably a lot of melodic metal and hardcore stuff. Things I normally couldn't play on bass or acoustic.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
ya it would sound like crap that's why. get a roland cube cause it does not sound like crap.
A cube would be a good start for what you're playing.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments