Is the Edge III really that bad?
Everyone says that it is horrible and it doesn't stay in tune, but
guys is it seriously as bad as people say it is?

I'm just very curious right now
My friend has an RG350EX - He hates the Edge lll bridge. He's currently looking at buying another guitar, as his current one is making him want to jam a spoon into his eye.
Quote by keychainsssss
Is the Edge III really that bad?
Everyone says that it is horrible and it doesn't stay in tune, but
guys is it seriously as bad as people say it is?

I'm just very curious right now

It is a good tremolo when you setup properly but it is made out of crapy metals so it doesn't put up with heavy use very well but if your good with guitar tech you'll be fine and after the knife edge is to worn down you can replace it with a high quality knife.

but it is a perfect beginner tremolo
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
My friend has an RG350EX - He hates the Edge lll bridge. He's currently looking at buying another guitar, as his current one is making him want to jam a spoon into his eye.

did he even try to fix it.

WTF happened to do it yourself guitarist
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
<-------------- Would rather buy a $200
whammy pedal

Bad trems or complicated good trems make me a fixed bridge for life player
Quote by BAoxymoron
did he even try to fix it.

WTF happened to do it yourself guitarist

+100000
its a good trem, but can wear out easily
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
its a high maintainence floyd rose
-George Will

Quote by BAoxymoron
but it is a perfect beginner tremolo

That's the worst argument for a beginner tremolo. A beginner is more likely to misuse it than anyone, and it'll be fubar'ed sooner than it should be.

A beginner with a fucked up Floyd is a discouraged beginner.

A skilled user is likely to get the most mileage out of it, but a skilled user would have better gear to work with anyways.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
That's the worst argument for a beginner tremolo. A beginner is more likely to misuse it than anyone, and it'll be fubar'ed sooner than it should be.

A beginner with a fucked up Floyd is a discouraged beginner.

A skilled user is likely to get the most mileage out of it, but a skilled user would have better gear to work with anyways.
touche
-George Will

Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH

Why doesn't he just buy an Original Floyd Rose and swap it?
Quote by Masonpwiley
Why doesn't he just buy an Original Floyd Rose and swap it?

Because those are almost as bad =P
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
Because those are almost as bad =P

just cuz you don't know how to use a floating bridge it doesn't mean floyds such honestly they are great once you get used to them
-George Will

Quote by Krzy8
<-------------- Would rather buy a $200
whammy pedal

Bad trems or complicated good trems make me a fixed bridge for life player

lol
he pointed to his self

i would just get a Floyd and have it put in set up and not F*** with it (i mean action or something siomiliar) but by all means rip some wailing solos and awesome whammy harmonics
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within