Hi i'm buying a new amp and its getting really hard to choose:
Marshall MG15DFX
MG30DFX
a 15 watt vox

they al have relatively the same price and i've heard thet there all good

i usually play rock n'roll(classic rock)/indie rock / and heavy metal

so please help me choose.
i've had the pleasure of buying an MG 15 and playing through a 30. THEY ARE AWFUL! DO NOT BUY!!! ZAKK WYLDE LIES!!!
lol which vox.. if it's a crappy vox, i'd rather chose mg
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Serjem
lol which vox.. if it's a crappy vox, i'd rather chose mg

i don't think theres any vox that is as bad as a marshall MG. i'm guessing either a DA15 or AD15VT
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
For the love of christ, dont get an MG!!!!!!!!! I have one. Every time I play through it, a little part of me dies. Getting and MG30 just doubles the problem
I'd say the vox, but the DA15 aren't that great really. Deffinatly for the vox if you're talking about the AD15VT.

MG's aren't bad, the cleans are passable. But the distorion on them is terrible and if you want to turn it up then you can say hello to VERY unpleasent tinitus.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
I bought the mg half stack and i have it running through my rack, it sounds pretty rad, I've played 3 shows with it, and it sounds better than alot of the other amps the bands, my band has played with does. The MG is a good amp, if you know how to work a amp head or if you don't get a hard on over a amp just b/c it's tube. a ss sounds just as good as a tube, just run it through a maximizer.

now, your situation, i've played through a couple of the smaller mg combos, and a few vox's. go ahead and get the vox, just don't let everyone else tell you that the mg is a bad amp, for future reference.
Quote by Mister Justin
I bought the mg half stack and i have it running through my rack, it sounds pretty rad, I've played 3 shows with it, and it sounds better than alot of the other amps the bands, my band has played with does. The MG is a good amp, if you know how to work a amp head or if you don't get a hard on over a amp just b/c it's tube. a ss sounds just as good as a tube, just run it through a maximizer.

now, your situation, i've played through a couple of the smaller mg combos, and a few vox's. go ahead and get the vox, just don't let everyone else tell you that the mg is a bad amp, for future reference.

You lost me at "I bought the mg half stack"
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Mister Justin

I'm sorry but what? I had the misfortune of trusting a so-called friend of mines judgement and bought the MG halfstack also because I didn't have any manner of tonal ear at all, that soon changed 2 weeks later when I played a gig and heard the volume over 2 when all the really bad hissing began. The MG is not a good amp, there is a good reason why 99% of guitar players all agree on this, and terrible tone is just the start.

Though if you like your own sound, great, all the best to ya. (why do I feel an argument is about to ensue)
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by Mister Justin

just out of curiosity
how come you have been a member of UG since jul 06
but only have 1 post?
Quote by Mister Justin

*facepalm*
I tried out the halfstack in a store just to see if it was any better than the smaller ones. Nope... Same sound.
Me plugging into my 20 buck radio sounds better than an MG.
Seriously, I was at my friends house, plugged my guitar into the alarm clock/radio I brought, and it sounded better than an MG! It was real quiet though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Feb 17, 2008,
Oh, and go for the vox.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by guitaristd
just out of curiosity
how come you have been a member of UG since jul 06
but only have 1 post?

because he's too busy enjoying the BR000TALZ of an mg.

And yes I have an ss too but my mine is half decent
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
o and to the TS, get the vox
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp