I'm currently using a Peavey Blazer 15w practice amp and after discussions on here about pedals etc, I'm looking for a good amp to get to make use of pedals and get the most out of them.

I'm not looking for a 100w, stack etc but a good amp which is just for the house and for practice.

Any ideas or costs?
Roland JC120, cleanest amp in the world. Perfect for pedals.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Style of music and budget, please. Also, what pedals are we talking about?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Ghold125
whats yours budget and what type of music you play?

Maybe £150 max.

I play mainly metal but I do blues aswell.
You are gonna struggle with that budget.
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
For home use, an Epi Valve Jr is a nice platform for pedals. About £100. Not big enough to jam, though. If you stretch it a little, you could go for a Laney LC15.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I agree the JC120 is great for stage/studio work but you're looking at a lot more power (60+60 watts) stereo which is more than you likely need for home practice. you're also looking at around a grand for a new one - although it could be the only amp you would ever need to buy. If you haven't bought any pedals yet, you may want to look at the Peavey transtube EFX line that comes in several different sizes or a Vox Valvetronix ADT 30 watts or you could even go to a 50 watt as it has a control that lets you set the speaker output without affecting dynamics. The Peavey is likely more reliable - the Vox has neater efx.
I've also been impressed with the Roland Cubes - they go up to 60 Watts. If you are looking at buying a few pedals, a good collection of pedals will cost you a fair bundle and if you go cheap they will likely spend more time on the shelf that being used. I have bought a couple of multieffects pedals (Digitech and Zoom) which are okay, but no better than the built in ones in the aforementioned amps. I generally find myself going back to my 5 watt tube amp direct. I find that I can learn more about my guitars' dynamics and how to get what I want out of it if I don't spend my time fiddling with pedals.
for mainly metal i'd most likely go for something like a roland cube. though if you already have pedals (and depending on what they are), a laney lc15 might be worth a look. i've seen them for around £150 (new) online.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?