Been thinking about buying a new Amp. Does anyone have A B-52 amp everyone seems to give them rave reviews I just find it hard to believe that a $600 doller Valve heads has good tone. I had A 1978 Marshall JMP100 that was stolen from me looking for something that has that kind of tone. Man I miss that amp! Currently I have a Marshall Mg100dfx Half stack the one with the red tolex. I can't stand it worst sounding amp I've ever had very muddy. So if anybody with a B-52 could tell me if I should go for it or just Save for a DSL Marshall or Mesa. I'd appricate feedback.
Last edited by boxcarmonument at Feb 17, 2008,
They are alright, my friend has one and it gets the job done... It's not the best sounding amp but it's going to be a pretty big step up from your MG.

To be honest I would just save up a bit more and get a used 5150.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I got the 60-watt combo a few weeks ago. No complaints. The clean is good, and the od is quite good, I must say. I can nail the Megadeth tone in synch. I use it for metal/shred and t handles it very well for the price. If you get to choose between it and a Mesa in the same price range, by all means go for the Mesa. The gain might need an od in front of it if you want death tones out of it, but again, I wouldn't know because I can't turn it up past 2/3 without hurting myself lol

But for the price, I really don't know how it can be beat. It has an FX loop with volume controls for the send/receive, clean is quite good (but I don't use many cleans), it has a contour knob on the OD for even more options, and it has a Master Low Resonance knob, which paired with a good bass setting, gets you some pretty flippin heavy stuff. Just trying to be some help.
you should check out bugera's, they're (chinese i think?) made copies of great peavey amps, they use the same exact circuts and parts, their actually getting sued by peavey because they sound so close, their only about $450-$700 and supposidly sound great. they have copies of 5150/6505, 5150II/6505+, xxx, and JSX, i would rather get one of those. the reliability of b-52s is supposidly very poor.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
I love my B-52, a very powerful and versatile amp for the money. Sure, a 5150 will be better (for metal) but it costs more. For 600 bucks, the B-52 is a very good buy.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
I love my B-52, a very powerful and versatile amp for the money. Sure, a 5150 will be better (for metal) but it costs more. For 600 bucks, the B-52 is a very good buy.

not really. The only way to get a 5150 is used, and you can find them easily for $600 USD.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra