Okay so today I'm going to order a boss AC-3 acoustic simulator, a dunlop crybaby wah and a ibanez delay/echo and I have a couple questions.

First off, where can I buy those really short cables that are used to link pedals together? I can't find them anywhere on musicians friend. If you don't know what I'm talking about, they're the cables being used in this pic:

Second, how do I go about setting these pedals up with my amp? I'd just like to know before hand so I can get them set up quick. I have a Crate RFX120 if that's any help.

Also, is there anything else I need to go with these pedals to get them to work? I'd hate to get them and then realize that I need one more stupid thing before I can use them.

One more thing. Do you think I should get these three pedals or just go with a Line 6 Pod XT Live? It'd cost about $180 more, but I know that it would last me pretty much forever.

Any help would be greatly apprecciated. Thank you.
I'm a person.
Last edited by PinkIsCool at Feb 17, 2008,
Theyre called patch cables. Most shops will sell then alone. You should just be able to find them.

You'll also need a power supply (+daisy chain)/batteries

Crybaby > AC3 > Ibanez Delay

Id drop the crybaby and get something better though. They arent very good wahs.
Quote by beckyjc
Theyre called patch cables. Most shops will sell then alone. You should just be able to find them.

Yeah, I was just going to buy it because it's the cheapest.

What are some better wahs to get?
I'm a person.
meh, i wouldn't bother with the acoustic simulator. if you want your guitar to sound like an acousitc, pick up an acoustic. on that note, i'd dish out the extra dough for the PodXT live.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Quote by FlamingYouth
meh, i wouldn't bother with the acoustic simulator. if you want your guitar to sound like an acousitc, pick up an acoustic. on that note, i'd dish out the extra dough for the PodXT live.

I can't just pick up an acoustic when I'm playing with my band and it switches quickly from electric to acoustic in mid song.
I'm a person.
Quote by ConfusedBirdman
weeping demon is a good wah. Suprisingly versatile. Wide sweep.

Yeah that was actually my second choice I think I'll go with it now.
I'm a person.
Quote by beckyjc

what do I need the power supply for and what's a daisy chain?
I'm a person.
To power the pedals.

A daisy chain is like a chain of those little things you stick in the pedal's power jack.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by guitaristd
^daisys

Ah, thanks for correcting me.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by guitaristd
just helping out a fellow peppers fan

And threadstarter, I wouldn't recommend you the Crybaby, look into Vox or something. What music do you play? What exact model delay is that?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by PinkIsCool
what do I need the power supply for and what's a daisy chain?

..lolz. To waste your money. Anyway pick up a 9v adaptor with a high current output prolly about 1 amp will do you.

One of these.
Ok I think I've decided that I'm just going to go with the line 6 Pod Xt Live but thanks for the help anyway guys. Does anyone know if the Pod has acoustic models?
I'm a person.
my friend has a pod xt live and he hates it. he doesn't even use it for shows, he prefers his normal pedals and is trying to sell the pod right now haha.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Yeah i wouldn't go for the pod either, im currently getting rid of my gt-8.

And i wouldn't go for the crybaby or AC-3, bad pedals.

Also the AC doesn't change your sound from distortion to acoustic mid song.
Quote by Chinomaster182
Yeah i wouldn't go for the pod either, im currently getting rid of my gt-8.

And i wouldn't go for the crybaby or AC-3, bad pedals.

Also the AC doesn't change your sound from distortion to acoustic mid song.

O rly? What does it do then?

I already ordered my XT Live, so it's a little late to try to talk me out of it now. I'm sure it will work fine.
I'm a person.