well i recently bought the jackson ke 3 and i currently own a roland cube 60, its a perfectly good solid state, eq is very good, the cleans are very nice with the seymour duncan jazz pickup

but what im looking for is heavier gain, i mean heavy metal, stuff like slayer, machine head, and the seymour duncan jb tb4 is very nice at distortion, but im thinking should i save up for about 6 months and get a VK 112/212 if can afford, or should i get a heavy distortion pedal like the boss mt-2

if i got the mt-2 it would take about 6 weeks to get the money

what are your views
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Well moddelling amps + pedals are a nono, and the MT-2 is crap so that's that ruled out.
I would save up and get something a LOT better than the VK (which isn't that hard tbh).
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
it's always better to have the distortion coming from your amp rather than a pedal, save for an amp.
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
ok what sort of price range would be better than a VK? bare in mind im 15 year old with no job and currently get £40 a month
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
The best thing to do is go and try out the VK.
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
amp. definatley.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Well an idea would be to get something like a Saturday job simply for the purpose of getting some extra money for saving. Lots of companies do that, also it will help you allot once you leave school because you'd have experience. That is if you really wanna get something that is gonna last you. Otherwise I guess the VK would be the better option.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
imt rying to get a saturday job but no-one around here hires under 16's (norwich)
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
imt rying to get a saturday job but no-one around here hires under 16's (norwich)

Mcdonalds/Burger King.......they'll hire basically anyone, not very glamorous I know but there we go.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
im trying hopefully to work at a garden centre xD for like £4 an hour which is good for my age
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner