Hey so I'm trying to get a real good death metal grunt going, but it always seems to end up a bit short. I'm also trying to stretch my clean vocal range to. Do you know what vocal exercises can i do to help out with that? Is there anything I can drink that'll allow my vocal chords to be able to do this easier?

Also, When you smoke and you lose some of those high-end pitches you could reach is that simply temporarily or is that a forever-gone kind of thing?

Thank you all very much.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

The first part, what do you mean "short"?
Second part, STOP! Smoking + grunts (especially if "short" means what Ihink it does) = not good times. Practice and toughen up your vocals w/out smoking, then your throat/body can take the smoke + grunting easier
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Exercises to help range:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5CWsFaVnWM

check out all 4 ("warmup") videos. i suck horribly at singing but they helped me out.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
FFS,

the only vocal thread dude.

*reported*
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help