Right, so tomorrow the dsl401 is FINALLY going on ebay.

I think it'll go for around £300, give or take.

Im looking for something more vintage voiced, cleans need to be tolerable but not great. I'd like it to have a nice 'grind' to it. Combo or Head, I don't mind.

Also, its GOT to take pedals well. I love my Fuzz Factory, and would love to have the new amp work well with it.

Hmm, lets think, and example of the tone I'm after...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=75508354

'Bleed the light' is pretty much the tone in my head

So there you are, given my budget, what does UG suggest I try out?
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
any laney apart from the hardcore max series.try a lv or a vc
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
A used GH was one of my ideas, but I've also heard good things about the VC.

I've tried an LC30 before and didn't like it too much, but that was a while ago.
not too sure how it takes pedals (meaning i haven't tried pedals with it), but a laney vc30, if it has enough gain for you, should do that type of tone quite well i'd have thought.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
traynor amps get a great sound with a fuzz face over them and can get that marshall style crunch. I have the custom 100 head and I have a early 60s pete townsend crunch thing. An EVH style patch kinda like a cranked marshall. Then a great high gain sound that cuts through a band really nicely. With the fuzz face it sounds godly and each channel responds really well to it.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
bear in mind to get all that feedback and that type of tone, there's a good chance it's going to have to be loud.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Woah, fast responses. Thanks!

I'll definitely try out the VC then, I think they have one in my local soundcontrol.

I see there are multiple speaker configs, is the 1x12 or 2x10 a better option?

Traynor amps are gonna be really hard to track down, but i'll keep an eye open
depends what you want, but the 1x12 is cheaper, lighter, and it's cheaper to upgrade the stock speaker. i've only tried the 1x12, though. with the money you save you'd be half-way to an extension cabinet, if you ever thought you'd need one.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice.

It seems to have a good rep on this forum, so i'll be sure to try it out.

You think it'll be a good upgrade from the DSL though?
if it better does the tone you want, yeah. you'd need to try it to make sure it does. you might hate it, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The VC is great. I havn't used one extensively...but are you guys sure it'll get those tones?
I'm still thinking laney, just more of a GH50 rather than a VC...
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
The VC is great. I havn't used one extensively...but are you guys sure it'll get those tones?
I'm still thinking laney, just more of a GH50 rather than a VC...

Turns out they have both in a local store near me, so hopefully I can A/B them at a decent volume
Quote by Inspired_by_Vai
Turns out they have both in a local store near me, so hopefully I can A/B them at a decent volume

Great!
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
not certain yngwi3. from what i remember, it has a similar tone to that, but might not have enough gain. i could be completely wrong, though, it is quite a while since i've tried one.

trying them out head to head is the obvious answer, and it's cool that you have the option, inspired...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Also guys, am I right in thinking that the VC50 is just a combo version of the GH50l head?
i've heard it's a combo of the vh100r. i haven't tried the combo though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
More versatile then

Going to local music store on Wednesday. Hellz Yah.

Might post a spam thread if I end up trying out more than the two laneys
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...iendID=75508354

'Bleed the light' is pretty much the tone in my head

I hate to burst your bouble but the lead amps used in that track really sounded like a vintage marshall, orange really comes to mind on a few of those riffs in the middle. Your DSL is more modern voiced, but I really don't think you would be upgrading by going with the laney VC 30 or VC 50. The laney is more vintaged voiced but will not sound like the amp in the clip of Bleed the Light. The Laney is more like an AC30 from what I have heard. I would hold on to you DSL and save your money while Looking for an orange rocker or a vinage marshall for that tone IMO.
Quote by Johnbryant
I hate to burst your bouble but the lead amps used in that track really sounded like a vintage marshall, orange really comes to mind on a few of those riffs in the middle. Your DSL is more modern voiced, but I really don't think you would be upgrading by going with the laney VC 30 or VC 50. The laney is more vintaged voiced but will not sound like the amp in the clip of Bleed the Light. The Laney is more like an AC30 from what I have heard. I would hold on to you DSL and save your money while Looking for an orange rocker or a vinage marshall for that tone IMO.

Yeah, the guy who plays it is endorsed by orange amps (Lucky git)

Theres a video on youtube of him playing it with his rockerverb 50 head.

Do you reckon a GH50L would be able to get close to those sounds?
^ the GH50 looks good and has El34 so it probaly pretty british voiced. But IDK, I have never played one. Try one out, BTW how much are they arcoss the pond, they are kinda high in the US $975, I coud find an orange combo for that price.
Quote by Inspired_by_Vai
More versatile then

Going to local music store on Wednesday. Hellz Yah.

Might post a spam thread if I end up trying out more than the two laneys

nice!
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, they're a huge expense in the US.

They go for £399 new or around £300 used here.

From what I've heard, they're hot-rodded JCM800s in character, which sounds like what I want
orange really comes to mind when i hear that.
check them out, it'll NAIL that tone. you might need to save up though
the AD30's cleans are great too ! (can't speak for the other Oranges)
Quote by The red Strat.
orange really comes to mind when i hear that.
check them out, it'll NAIL that tone. you might need to save up

Yeah, I've tried both the Rocker 30 and Rockerverb 50 before when I was in Denmark Street.

Loved them both, its just the price that deters me
My god.

I've just had a brainwave.

PEAVEY WINDSOR!

Its meant to be a hotrodded 800 right? They go for £200 in soundcontrol.

Could this be the answer to all my amp related troubles!?

Gah, double post.
maybe, if you don't need cleans. i'd want to try that laney gh head too, though, if you can nab one for a similar(ish) price.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?