which is better out of these:

schecter Stiletto Studio-4
schecter Stiletto elite-4

need help asap
i play all kinds of music
I prefer the elite.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
i have but i dont know which to pick i prefer the studio-4 but i like the elite too
Quote by sir-legoman
ok but wat is wrong with the studio 4

Nothing IMO. The thing that really takes it over the Elite for me is that the neck doesn't have that sticky finish. But I agree with Bales, try them both out.
Essentially its a choice between a better bridge (Elite) and an extra band of EQ (Studio). I do all my fine tuning on my amp and only need the two bands of EQ if I want to change it on the fly (plus I eventually will be getting an EQ pedal at that) so I see little point in that extra band, especially when you can have that much better of a bridge on the Elite. Its mostly a matter of preference though, if you have to have more EQ, get the Studio, if not get the Elite.

And to all the people complaining about the finish, try one that's been broken in. The more you play it, the more the finish gets worn down and easier to play with. On a brand new bass, yeah, its a bit sticky, but its a lot different broken in. Just like most strings when you get them, they have a very bright tone. Break them in though and you get a drastically different sound the majority of the time. You just have to give it a little patience and it gets better.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
Quote by sir-legoman
so ur saying that the elite has the better sound

I'm not. The elite has a better bridge, but tonally they will sound very similar. The Studio's EQ will give a different taste from the Elite.
Quote by sir-legoman
um ok wgich is better as a 5 string

Think about it dude. The same things apply, only each have an extra string.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
true its just really hard to choose does anyone know which is better for recording and gigs
Quote by sir-legoman
true its just really hard to choose does anyone know which is better for recording and gigs

You mean playing ?

Just go try both out. You'll know which one you like more.
Quote by sir-legoman

Honestly bro, as we've said before, neither is better than the other. They're just slightly different in terms of hardware and electronics. With what you lose in one model, you gain it in another department (for the better bridge you get with the elite, you get the 2-band EQ rather than a 3-band). Honestly, it's up to you to decide what you want.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.