Yes, it will suit blues rock well because Fender Jazz's are so versatile (you can use them for almost any music).

We can't really advise you on how good it sounds or feels, you've got to try it to yourself. If there are any big music stores in Norway, head down to one, and try the Fenders out because it's a lot of money to waste if you don't like it.
signature
but chances are you wll like it they are amazing

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I love my jazz, most versatile bass I've played whose knobs I can understand.
Member of the "Shoop Da Woop" club, PM to Join
thats basically a new version of the bass that john paul jones and noel redding used. when I think of blues rock they are the first bassists i think about, so if thats what you're playing you cant go wrong with that jazz.
A T-bird and a Big Muff in your GAS list!? Egad man, are you trying to kill me!?
Fender MIM Jazz Bass
Line6 LD150Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
I was sort of torn between two basses when I got my Jazz. I knew I wanted a jazz, so that was done. I was torn between that bass and the Highway one jazz. I think that bass looks so friggen awesome. The deep orange glow it sort of radiates off, and the red pickguard looks soo cool. But..... I think that you can get a better bass for not much more with the highway one.

I think its well worth it, I got the Highway 1 and love it. Heck, you could even buy the red pickguard separate and add it on.

On the topic of the fender jazz, if you like teh jazz sound, DEFINITELY GET ONE!!
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
I had a 65 Jazz Bass, just one weakness, anything above 4th fret on G string was a bit weak, I fitted a J-retro kit to mine although a parametric EQ unit will also do the job.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
I had a 65 Jazz Bass, just one weakness, anything above 4th fret on G string was a bit weak, I fitted a J-retro kit to mine although a parametric EQ unit will also do the job.

*turns green* Please, please tell me you kept the original electronics and put them back before you sold it... *vomits*

Also, guys, he's not asking for any Jazz here - he's asking for the 60's classic Jazz, with those 60's classic pickups, folks. Let's try to help the dude out with giving experience with his actual model.

I've never played one, but I do know from other models that those pickups are rather low-output, but nice sounding. You may or may not like that.

Also, I like the classic series very much, but some axes are CIJ, and some are MIM. I'm not sure which one that was, but I LOVED the 50's Precision (MIM), even if it was too light.

The Highway One is a contemporary Fender, and most would consider it of all-around higher quality. The fragile matte finish might turn you off, but it's all-around a more solid bass, and the price reflects it. However, they sound different.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
*turns green* Please, please tell me you kept the original electronics and put them back before you sold it... *vomits*.

It was the most simple job three screws and four wires, the kit already arrives on it's own chrome fitting; just a few minute job.
Yes I put it all back when I sold it, the last time that I saw it played it was through a Messa Walkabout Scout 12" Combo.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Oh my God that bass is beautiful...
I've played one at Guitar Center and I liked it a lot. If you have the chance to get it, do it. I most certainly would.
Peavey Fury bass
100 watt SWR Workingman's 12