Hi,

Just recorded my version of the modern classic. My first real recording so be nice!!!

(Only jokin' - be as harsh as you like!)

It's on my profile page.

Josh.

By the way, all of it was mixed on headphones since I don't have any monitors atm. I'll buy some.

EDIT- Thanks for all the crit. I've made a list o stuff I need to work on.

- Redo the pinched harmonics.
- Mess around with tone/eq of both clean and distortion
- Have a go at vocals?

If anyone is good at programming EZdrummer/can record real drums then contact me or Captain Chaos (see my friends) to climb onboard the project we've got going.

We also need a vocalist

EDIT2- Now includes some bass and drums, done by Captain Chaos.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Last edited by Volta_91 at Feb 19, 2008,
i thought it was awesome, you've obviously put alot of work into it. I'd give it a 9/10

only thing I didn't like to much were the pinches at the start, I think you should bend them and make em sound more agressive. Also wasn''t to sure of the acoustic guitar for the slow part after the verse, sounded a bit weak and didn't go with the song to much.

overall though excellent job
Yeah pinches didnt sound very good, i wasn't to keen on the distortion sound either, tweak it a bit perhaps, if you're trying to sound like Claudio he says he "turns everything up to full", try that maybe

Hard song to cover, good job though

x
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
Ah, a member of my Coheed group! Dude, I listened to v2. I like it a lot, bro. Especially your little licks that you threw in there. A question I had is, what happened to the drums? They were there in the beginning but they just kinda stopped.

I think during the 'here laid to rest' parts, it would sound better if you just let the electric guitar ring out on the last chord instead of switching to acoustic out of nowhere. And for the 'one last kiss for you' part, I think the chords should be palm muted.

I'm just being really picky though, I was quite impressed, expecially with the solo. I've never tried it, but I doubt I could play it, so good job dude. If you want, you can check out my Final Cut recording on my profile. Let me know what you think.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
great cover man! i would put more feeling in your pinch harmonics in the beginning though. they sound way to plain or passive. i love that you actually transitioned from the acoustic sound to the more heavy sound in the intro also.

nice job overall!

c4c please.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
Just to clear up- the bass and drums haven't been fully finished yet by Captain Chaos. The full version should be up shortly.

The offer of drummer/drums programmer for future covers is still there....

I'll work on the pinched harmonics.

andyscoot- i'llc check that out
gebgebgeb- what do you want me to take a look at?

Thanks all.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

well my latest one was in the fire but i just threw that together at 3 am one morning because i had a case of insomnia. i guess do laid to rest.

thanks!

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha