I've been slowly teaching myself guitar for the last year now and I know like basic scales, basic blues scales, basic chords, power chords. The basics. That's what I'm trying to say.

I've played saxophone for six/seven years prior to picking up the guitar, so I do know some music theory, and how to read sheet music, well for saxophone.

I want to be able to read sheet music on guitar as well, so can anyone hook me up with a lesson or something online how to apply sheet music to guitar, which note is what fret, etc.

I know a few scales. The basic petatonic, basic blues, chromatic... that's about it. So what I want to know is how to move around the whole fretboard with those scales instead of just going across with the exact same notes, like moving around so I can practice that, then improvise things. Is there any lessons on the internet that can show me that?

For now, that's all I want to know.

Thanks to anyone who helps me out, in advance.
On sheet music for guitar, a middle C is played at the 3rd fret of the A string. Work from there to find the other notes.

To move around the fretboard you should learn the scale pattern all over the fretboard, as well as learning the notes and intervals in the scale. It's a simple concept, the D major scale has the notes D E F# G A B C#, so play those notes anywhere and you're playing D major.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums