This is for The most beautiful sculptures(guitars) you have ever seen

Kenneth Lawrence Explorer
Overview:

Never ending orgy i mean Head stock:

Body:

By the way my friends dad is getting an Ken Lawrence Explorer it'll be different though cuz they are entirely handmade. that means they don't use CNC machines or any computer like devices just router, saws and sanders.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
I don't like the headstock. Those little "wings" look like they'd snap off if you bumped them into anything.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
I don't like the headstock. Those little "wings" look like they'd snap off if you bumped them into anything.

They're not wings the whole guitar is one solid piece of wood besides
this guitar is way to expensive for it to be that cheap
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Last edited by BAoxymoron at Feb 17, 2008,
To give you an idea on price the dealer said "the cost of the guitar is one child every month for 12 months with a 6 child down payment"
the guy said that with all seriousness these are ****ing expensive
-George Will

Quote by BAoxymoron

yeah but woods still wood, it could easy break, dent, chip or any conbination of the above no matter the grade :P
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
Quote by BAoxymoron

No guitar would be one piece of wood, unless you have a friggin' HUGE tree.
But more pieces doesn't = lesser quality.
Quote by Punk_Ninja

No guitar would be one piece of wood, unless you have a friggin' HUGE tree.
But more pieces doesn't = lesser quality.

Yeah, in fact.. laminated necks are pretty much in every way better than one-piece necks. They're stronger, less likely to warp and the stripes look cool
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
they might be, but in several sections i'd imagine I think having several sections secured together provides more durability than one big chunk of wood plus are easier to make (ive taken this information from my uncle who is a skilled craftsman but not a guitar maker lol)
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
Schecter stiletto deluxe 5

my current favorite.

EDIT: crap, that's a bass... whatever, it's still my favorite, and it's technically a bass GUITAR.
Ahhhhh *drools over guitar*

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Sounds like you're a fan boy bro. You're obsessed with buying an extremely expensive guitar for now reason besides it being just that, extremely expensive. I have no doubt it plays well or anything, just you're being a whiny bitch when people mention flaws with it. :P
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
I'm just saying it won't break if you hit it with anything less than a hammer which would break a regular head stock as well
and guitars mad out of one piece of wood have better sound and sustain
also i'm not buying it i could never afford it. my friends dad is getting it and honestly its a piece art that plays music exceptionally well there other guitars that sound about as good but non look as sexy
-George Will

Quote by Kanthras
Yeah, in fact.. laminated necks are pretty much in every way better than one-piece necks. They're stronger, less likely to warp and the stripes look cool

Warping can easily be countered with truss rod
second of all hey dumb ass one piece of wood has no joints at which to break laminated does so tell me again its stronger
-George Will

First of all, that guitar isn't that great looking, and probably isn't worth the price-tag. One can easily go and produce their own instrument that will sound just as great, given enough patience, planning, and execution.

Second of all, the fellow talking about the laminated necks is correct. Laminated necks are definitely stronger due to the bond, especially in woods like mahogany (for example). Mahogany laminated with maple, walnut, anything else, etc. is stronger than a neck made of just mahogany alone, for many reasons.

1.) Increased Structural Strength due to conflicting grains.
2.) Elimination of side-to-side bowing, see for example many older bass' instruments that didn't have a laminated neck.
3.) The Glue joints are stronger than the wood, which leads to increased strength in the neck, as a whole.
4.) I could go on and on with a list, but I don't feel like typing any more.
2003 Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackouts
2006 Epiphone 66' Re-Issue SG
1980's USA Fender Stratocaster w/ 50's Gibson Humbucker
Fender Deluxe 112 Plus Amplifier
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT Amplifier
Peavey Basic 50 Amplifier
Pod XT Pro
it does have conflicting grain notice Brazilian rosewood fretboard even neck thru guitars have separate fret boards
-George Will

yes he has two of them
-George Will

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE9s7FsQl7M
sound test for those who care about this beautiful guitar
-George Will

i may be a spammer...but i will say i envy ur kenneth.....i hope you handle that with with the most care possible
Quote by BAoxymoron
the cost of the guitar is one child every month for 12 months with a 6 child down payment
So, about $450?

That guitar is just bling, like anything "entirely handmade". Machines do the job just as well, but ridiculously cheaper. Like mentioned above, there's nothing particularly awesome about one-piece necks either. "Better sound and sustain" from one-piece guitars is voodoo, and truss rods in a single incarnation aren't designed to prevent warping.

And most importantly... it's just an Exporer.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!