So I have a 30 watt MG( ) and I was wondering if that would suffice to play a song with my band in my school audotorium nearly 400 people sitting down and there is a balcony.
Maybe, if you mic it through the PA.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
speaking as an owner of the same amp (though its retired lol) for a performance that large I dont think it'll cut the mustard at the volumes needed without a PA

thats a reason the MG series gets such flak up to the MG30 their good at low volumes but you turn em too high and the sound falls to bits evne by the standards of solid states in general
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
Ah that sucks as I was saving for an electro acoustic

So what are some good amps for a reasonable price that will do the job and approximatley how much wattage will i need?

Off topic: Do you guys think Aerosmith's- I dont wanna miss a thing or sum 41's fat lip are going to go over better with a bunch of middle school kids?
Quote by TheOperator
Ah that sucks as I was saving for an electro acoustic

So what are some good amps for a reasonable price that will do the job and approximatley how much wattage will i need?

Off topic: Do you guys think Aerosmith's- I dont wanna miss a thing or sum 41's fat lip are going to go over better with a bunch of middle school kids?

Does your school auditorium have a PA of any sort? If not, you're gonna need to fork over a considerable amount of cash to be heard throughout the room.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
Does your school auditorium have a PA of any sort? If not, you're gonna need to fork over a considerable amount of cash to be heard throughout the room.

Ya but how much would I be looking at for a decent amp that would do the job?