Anyone know what amp I'm talking about?
Back when I first started playing(7+ years ago), my buddy,also a beginner at the time had a loan of his cousins amp til he could afford his own. We knew nothing about gear at the time.
It was a SS fender, possibly 30 watts, covered in a disgusting black and white carpet material (instead of tolex). It was the only one I ever saw, but I remember it sounding pretty sweet. The carpet stuff may have been a home-made job?

pics if u know what i'm talking about.
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
Last edited by appetite4gnr at Feb 17, 2008,
Fender RAD?
There's one sitting in the corner of my youth group room.
It sounds very close to what you're describing, but it's smaller than 30 watts that's for sure.
If you PM me, so I can permanently have your username on file, I can send you some pics on wednesday when I go.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Feb 17, 2008,
I searched both of those. neither of them looks quite like it, though the frontman looks closest to it I remember it having the red and white L/R inputs in the front.
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
Quote by appetite4gnr
I searched both of those. neither of them looks quite like it, though the frontman looks closest to it I remember it having the red and white L/R inputs in the front.

I know there was a few versions of the RAD. I saw some pics online of some with tolex. The one in my youth group room has the black/white carpeting, a tape input, and all these other inputs in the front. It had a Bright and Full switch for the clean channel, and a crunch and lead for the overdrive channel. It also only had a volume knob and a contour knob for controls.
This sound like it?
I'll go ahead and bring it home so I can snap some pics (The kid who leaves it there doesn't play guitar anymore, so I'll probably just ask him if I can take it home).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yeah, that sounds a little more like it.
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
This it?

The Crunch option actually sounds reasonably bluesey.
Cleans are meh, and the lead is a joke.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator