ok, so im about to recieve £500-700 later this month and i feel like im due a new guitar.
I currently play a Gretsch electromatic G5235. Its a decent guitar for its price, but i just feel its lacking that something for lead. I currently run this through a Boss GT-8 to either my little micro cube for practicing to myself or a PA, so im not in need of an amp.

I was looking at Ibanez Jem555 and JS100 guitars on the net and was rather interested in them. However, I want to test out some other guitars and will be during the next 2 weeks or so. So what can you guys recomened I look at?

few requirements for the guitar:
£500-700 pref (could stretch past if really worth it)
24 fret
Trem (preferably FR style)
suited for lead guitar (i play classic rock, heavy rock but mainly stuff like Petrucci/Vai/Satch)
humbuckers
preferably basswood though not necessary
Ibanez RG1570 + Pup swap.

Sorted!

NOTE: The Ibanez JEM555 and JS100 are jokes; don't bother!
Quote by Mwoit
Ibanez RG1570 + Pup swap.

Sorted!

NOTE: The Ibanez JEM555 and JS100 are jokes; don't bother!

+1
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
ill definately give it a look later this week. which pups do you recomend with it?
I've got a pair of Dimarzio Breeds in my RG1570 and they're fantastic for Satriani styled stuff. Evo's are pretty nice too, but combined with a SS amp or a GT-8/PA type setup and it might be a little too bright and harsh.

Other than that, the PAF Joe, Mo' Joe, FRED, and PAF Pro will all do what you want also.