So I've been looking to upgrade to a tube amp lately, and I'd like to be able to replicate a sound similar to Bloc Party's. I know they usually use fender blues deluxe amps, but since I don't play gigs I neither want nor need to pay the extra money for an amp that's too big for my needs. so I was wondering how similar a sound I can get from the Blues Jr.? Is it essentially a lower-watt version of the deluxe? Thanks for any help.
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Probably pretty close. Play it for yourself.
MIM Fender Strat
Shecter Blackjack ATX
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Godin SD
Norman ST40
Yamaha CG-171S
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonebone Plexitube
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
Maxon OD-9

Highway 1 Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Tonebone Classic
They should be similar. I think most Fender amps are pretty close to each other, barring the few that actually have gain.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I found i like the cleans on the jr more but they're both very similar.

The deluxe has more switches and maybe more gain stages, i only tried the cleans on the deluxe. Its also VERY loud.
Blues Jr.-Creamy blues tone. Warm. smaller more portable. Very marshall-y when cranked

Blues Deluxe-Big. Loud, very bright and harsh at times if not EQ'ed well. Drive channel sounds like fizzy butt

If you need the volume, get a blues deluxe and put a nice overdrive pedal in front of the clean channel
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
They sound very different. Blues Jr. uses EL-84, and Blues Deluxe uses 6L6s. The Blues Jr. sounds great, and if you mod it, it sounds even better.