Wanted to see what everyone thought of this one??? A lot of melodies in this one...perhaps too much???
Attachments:
Song25.zip
you definately don't need 4 electric guitars

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Reminds me of newer In Flames. Ew.

You DONT need 4 guitars. That's way too many. Especially when I already cant really hear the melody very well. One, maybe two guitars should be melody, one rhythm. I especially hate when its hard to hear an otherwise good solo. (I think part of the problem is the mix, that panning is bad... And part is just too many guitars/instruments all at the same volume.)

And the Interlude is rather pointless, it would seem.

The second verse was the best part cause everything was a lot clearer.

Needs some bass too.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
dont know what everyone else is saying

4 guitars are awesome in gp
gets a much better sound

loving all the stuff so far
verse seems a little lackign compared to the rest

chorus is awesome, especially for a chorus
interlude fits great
great solo entry
amazing solo, definatley know what your doing there dont you?
verse actually made a good outro

overall
10/10 it was awesome

and keep the 4 guitars for sure

c4c?https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787860
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Quote by envoykrawkwar7
dont know what everyone else is saying

4 guitars are awesome in gp
gets a much better sound

loving all the stuff so far
verse seems a little lackign compared to the rest

chorus is awesome, especially for a chorus
interlude fits great
great solo entry
amazing solo, definatley know what your doing there dont you?
verse actually made a good outro

overall
10/10 it was awesome

and keep the 4 guitars for sure

c4c?https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787860

Yeah after years of experimenting with GP I've found that layering guitars gives it a better sound..not to mention necessary for the multiple harmonies I use in my music...and panning is extremely effective. Very similar to an actual recording you split the guitars on both sides at different pan levels to give it a fuller sound...especially if listening on a surround sound system. If you don't pan and have multiple guitars you get that washy sound where the guitars bleed onto eachother. Perhaps personal preference...but after trying all sorts of different methods I wouldn't tab my music any other way.

That being said....a lot of the crit out there was very legit...this tune never made the cut by my band...so I'm trying to get it up to par. So perhaps I need to tweak the verse...maybe cut back on some of the other harmonies. I'll keep working at it...thanks everyone.
Quote by Clayman41
That being said....a lot of the crit out there was very legit...this tune never made the cut by my band...so I'm trying to get it up to par. So perhaps I need to tweak the verse...maybe cut back on some of the other harmonies. I'll keep working at it...thanks everyone.

I personally thought the verse was the best thing in the song. lol
I do think, though, that you had too much of a melody going on for lyrics.... If you're going to have the melody no matter what (which is a good idea since you're going for melodic metal lol) then back it off to where it's just an undertone and not the focus.

I enjoyed the song though. Care to listen to one of mine? One of the lower ones in my sig if you don't mind. =)