is this amp any good?
i found a good deal on one
and i know it's solid state so there's gonna be a lot of nay-sayers but i've played on plenty of ss's that sound great

I play ska, rock, reggae, and punk and use an Epi Les Paul
those are pretty good sounding amps. normally a little expensive, but if the price is right, go for it.
what is the price btw?
Yeah, they are actually really nice. Unfortunately I'm selling mine - it's just too big!

I'll give you a little tip though - don't do what everyone does and have the channel volume up round 7-10. Keep it around 2 or 3 and use the master. More of the power amp and it makes the amp react far nicer to picking and dynamics etc. You can be using a high gain model like the JCM800 and roll your volume control down and it cleans up very nicely just like a tube amp would.

Anyway yes, they are nice amps.
Adam
Don't. Get an Epi Valve Jr head and if you need one, a cab. Throw a pedal or two infront of it and you will be really happy.
Seems like an alright deal. Try and get it down to 400.

It's definitely one of the better solidstates out there; see if you can try it out first
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by Khann
Don't. Get an Epi Valve Jr head and if you need one, a cab. Throw a pedal or two infront of it and you will be really happy.

Hardly. The Flextone is much more versatile, and much louder. I'd take the flextone cleans over the EVJ anyday.

You seem to be under the misconception that tube is always better. In this case, the flextone wins. Better, and louder cleans, mch better OD and distortion.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
Hardly. The Flextone is much more versatile, and much louder. I'd take the flextone cleans over the EVJ anyday.

You seem to be under the misconception that tube is always better. In this case, the flextone wins. Better, and louder cleans, mch better OD and distortion.

This guy always wins the Flextone threads.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
Quote by fexnah

I'm always right there with him too.

Quote by Reincaster

+1

The Flextone II is even better than the Flextone III.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
dang
they just sold it

i'm going to guitar center tomorrow so 2 new questions

1. What's the best amp for me in the 400-500 range?

and

2. Do you think I'd be able to talk them down from 600 on the Flextone if i like (or maybe get them to throw in an FBV express?)
Quote by rebelmidget
dang
they just sold it

i'm going to guitar center tomorrow so 2 new questions

1. What's the best amp for me in the 400-500 range?

and

2. Do you think I'd be able to talk them down from 600 on the Flextone if i like (or maybe get them to throw in an FBV express?)

2 is very possible. At least a reduced price. When Guitar Center knows your price range, for the most part they want your sale.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I tried a flextone 3 and thought it was great especially if you want to play loads of different genres as it has so many different amp simulations which are all great.
Quote by fexnah

Quote by MESAexplorer
I'm always right there with him too.

+1

The Flextone II is even better than the Flextone III.

Because I speak the TRUTH! Haha. Honestly, people instantly reject the Flextone just because it's solid state, and then turn around and recommend amps like the blues jr, which don't have the headroom, volume, cleans, and gain or the flextone, not even close. Then they go ahead and worship the JC120.

Although, I like the III more than the II, but then, it's just personal preference then.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Feb 18, 2008,