Page 1 of 2
so i'm thinking of buying an xbox360 or a ps3 but I have no idea which one to buy. a few of my friends have a 360 and they love it, and of the games i've played i like it a lot too. but the ps3 has a ton of awesome games coming out for it. so i'm asking the pit, which do people like better: the 360 or the ps3??
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
360 better online play IMO. also better games (again IMO)
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
gaming thread or next gen consoles thread

try to ignore any fan boy crap from both sides, such as "don't get X it sux0rz" and the likes

oh and ps3 for the games coming out, the free online play, blu-ray and the fact its almost silent when its on
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw Snes Ftw
Rockin' shit
Quote by midi pure
360 better online play IMO. also better games (again IMO)

Ya 360 has better online cause you do have to pay, unlike the PS3 where it's free.....

Oh wait, that means the PS3 has better online....
lqtm, Wii. Simple as that.

But no out of the two, I'd say 360.
Too many people own guitars. Someone had better go play a... clarinet or something.

:stickpoke

That means you.

Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
i once sneezed and a mushed up chip flew out my nose
needless to say i immediatly ate it
PS3: Free online, great graphics, Blue-Ray, Silent (like mentioned above), Motion Sensor, good games like War Hawk, more expensive, allows u to go onto internet

X-Box 360: Paying for online, no "internet," good games like Halo, cheaper than PS3
I used to love Playstation.. but now ive jumped over to xbox, better games, better everything.. NUFF SAID
I broke my G string
Quote by Green RATM Day
Ya 360 has better online cause you do have to pay, unlike the PS3 where it's free.....

Oh wait, that means the PS3 has better online....

No, that means that 360 probably has better online gameplay since the pay more pay, the more you get
Anyways, I vote for PS3.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
Quote by Hultan
No, that means that 360 probably has better online gameplay since the pay more pay, the more you get
Anyways, I vote for PS3.

I prefer not paying at all for online
im gonna pitch a tent and await the close hammer
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by x0rsist
im gonna pitch a tent and await the close hammer

i pitched a tent too
...oh you meant it differently..
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
PS3 for better grahpics....Currently the 360 has more selection of games, but ps3 will soon catch up
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
xbox is becoming the like iTV on crack plus a gaming console if you are handy with computers and can link it to you wifi windows network you can teevo everything and store music and movies plus it got good games
Quote by COBHC6
i pitched a tent too
...oh you meant it differently..

Well i mean to pitch a tent, so i coud have some privacy, because i needed to take a different tent down..........
....if you catch my tentpole...
Gear:
EASY ANSWER: Choose whatever system is in your price range, has the games you prefer, and your friends play!

I would go with a 360 cuz its got COD4 like PS3, and it's cheaper than a PS3, but ALL my friends have PS3, so I need one to play with em
Quote by PastaOfMuppets
I'm surprised this thread hasn't got the red ring of death yet...

ringworm?? or that dreaded conspiracy by microsoft that backfired?
Gear:
yeah you can stream your media from a comp with windows XP/vista onto the 360. you can listen to music, look at pictures, and watch movies. 360 has better games atm, idk if/when ps3 will catch up with them. most games on ps2 were on xbox. so im saying most games on ps3 are gonna be on xbox, but xbox has extra microsoft only games.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Ps3
Free online,
Built in hd dvd player(at least an extra 100 bucks to get on the 360)blu ray is better for many reasons also
Built in WI-FI( extra 100 bucks on the 360)
Rechargable controllers, unless u want to dish out an extra 40 bucks for a xbox play and charge kit
Most Xboxes fail within the first year,
you can get a ps3 for 399. so i dont know why every1 says xboxes are cheaper, unless your going to get that garbage 299 xbox with out a hard drive
Way cooler features, i just put movies and music onto the hard drive and watch them whenever or go on youtube haha.
4 usb slots
memory card readers also

and the only disadvantage to buying the cheaper ps3 is you cant play ps2 games...
gilbyc
Last edited by gilbyc at Feb 17, 2008,
Quote by gilbyc
Ps3
Free online,
Built in hd dvd player(at least an extra 100 bucks to get on the 360)blu ray is better for many reasons also
Built in WI-FI( extra 100 bucks on the 360)
Rechargable controllers, unless u want to dish out an extra 40 bucks for a xbox play and charge kit
Most Xboxes fail within the first year,
you can get a ps3 for 399. so i dont know why every1 says xboxes are cheaper, unless your going to get that garbage 299 xbox with out a hard drive
Way cooler features, i just put movies and music onto the hard drive and watch them whenever or go on youtube haha.

and the only disadvantage to buying the cheaper ps3 is you cant play ps2 games...

How dare you!!!!
HDDVD and Blu-ray are two different formats. And HDDVD died.

And hey, be nice. You're sounding a little biased...
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by Fishyesque
How dare you!!!!
HDDVD and Blu-ray are two different formats. And HDDVD died.

And hey, be nice. You're sounding a little biased...

its still high def. thats all i meant, and even more reason to get a ps3 hd dvd died, im not biased, what is so much better on the xbox that isnt in sonys reach, so dont say more games, and thats not being biased when im saying facts, i honeslty dont know what is better on the 360,
gilbyc
Last edited by gilbyc at Feb 17, 2008,
I got a ps3 because I wanted a console without a 30% failure rate.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Although i own a 360, if i could i would go back and buy a ps3 instead. The red ring of death will destroy your 360, and youll have to wait a mont for repairs.
All of 360s major titles have been worn out, and ps3 has a lot going for it this year. Plus a bunch of third party games are coming out (Rainbow six vegas 2) or already out (CoD4)
My vote=PS3
?!
Page 1 of 2