He does very little but predictable pentatonic wank.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by rifferextacy517
great player,but why do they say that his phrasing has a recycled feel to it?

Maybe because it is recycled?

And he's not really a great player, he's incredibly sloppy, and his tone is a joke.
ozzy stuff goes in CR, BLS in metal, so are you implying that he's a shredder?

I really can't stand anything I've heard from him so far. Actually that's a lie, perry mason was a decent song but other than that he's 'meh' as far as I'm concerned.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Hes overrated his BLS stuff is semi respectable but his ozzy stuff is just barfage
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
I love the way he plays. People crack on his tone, but honestly I think he's a sick guitarist. I really do respect the way he plays.. I've seen some sick ass videos of him doing some pretty damn crazy sh!t, and comon, it's not easy to come fill in after Randy Rhoades and he does do randy a lot of justice live... and he's got some damn sweet acoustic technique too.. I think he's sick musician..
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by Lemoninfluence
ozzy stuff goes in CR, BLS in metal, so are you implying that he's a shredder?

I really can't stand anything I've heard from him so far. Actually that's a lie, perry mason was a decent song but other than that he's 'meh' as far as I'm concerned.

Ozzy's stuff is 80's rock, so it fits in here too.

Personally, I think that he's good at what he does and I thnik his country stuff is quite cool.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by Hells_Bell
Ozzy's stuff is 80's rock, so it fits in here too.

Personally, I think that he's good at what he does and I thnik his country stuff is quite cool.

yes but it's discussed in Classic rock.

just like Dream theater is metal but it's still discussed in here rather than in the metal forum.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Orbit91
People overrate Randy, that's how come Zakk is underrated.

+1000000000. It's a shame Jake E. Lee is underrated too.

Zakk may be sloppy, but everyone still loves him. Just like Synyster Gates and Herman Riiiii. So, he must be doing something right, at least to some guitarists. Personally, he's one of my favorite guitarists, the solo in I Don't Wanna Stop I thought was pretty well done.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Zakk's not a sloppy player, he just has ****ty tone...well recently. The No More Tears record was a masterpiece of his work, so was Miracle Man.
Quote by Thebiz
+1000000000. It's a shame Jake E. Lee is underrated too.

Zakk may be sloppy, but everyone still loves him. Just like Synyster Gates and Herman Riiiii. So, he must be doing something right, at least to some guitarists. Personally, he's one of my favorite guitarists, the solo in I Don't Wanna Stop I thought was pretty well done.

Jake's seriously underrated, probaly my favourite Ozzy Guitarist.
I don't see why people idolize Randy, he's a great player, but surely EVH beat him to all the Neo-Classical sounding stuff years before?
^Not really. How much neoclassical stuff did EVH record? Tapping triads does not make you neoclassical. Randy Rhoads was a pretty mean classical guitarist by all accounts abd although I feel both he and EVH are overrated, Randy's playing had a sophistication that Eddie's really lacked.

Uli Jon Roth and Blackmore were doing neoclassical ideas years before both players anyway.

As for Zakk, if i want sloppy, Wah pedal and Les Paul, I'll listen to Slash---and Im a fan of Slash's!---I like the way Zakk tries to turn conformist, narrow minded readers of Guitar World---come on, hes in there practicallt every month!---onto players like Al Di Meola and Frank Marino, but I cant stand his playing.
Thank God im an atheist
Randy's worshipped for the same reason hendrix and dime are. They died.

Seriously though, if Randy hadn't died then chances are that we wouldn't rave over him. Although he was a fantastic guitarist, he's put on a pedestal because there's always that 'what if...?' and the 'how much better could have gotten' etc.

as far as Zakk's concerned, he's the 3rd best ozzy guitarist IMO.

Quote by element4433
Quote by which ones pink
he's incredibly sloppy

While I agree he's not much of a songwriter and a weak vocalist he isn't sloppy, his tone is just muddy as hell.

Proof 1.
Proof 2.

I also hate his chicken picking, he always resorts to that one damn lick...but his alt. picking is clean.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.