I have been asking around on what guitar to get as my second guitar, and when i say what guitars ive been looking at (fender american strat, Tele, Etc.) and then bring up the Les Paul Studio everyone always tells me thats the best one. What makes it so great & so much better? Thanks!
its a stripped down version of the les paul standard. it is no way better than an american strat. it is just a cheaper (not quality-wise) lespaul without all the binding and pup covers.
so people are wrong but that is still a worthy choice.
Lots of people are biased to Les Pauls. Then again, lots of people are also biased to Fender instruments. It just depends on who you ask.

However, for the record, 'official' Studio guitars (LP or otherwise: this applies to all the Studio/Faded/VM models, including LP, SG, Firebird, and all others that both Gibson and Epiphone produce) are all utterly crap. The reasons why have been posted countless times on this forum. They are the start of the 'low end' series, and are never worth buying.

Quote by customisbetter
its a stripped down version of the les paul standard. it is no way better than an american strat. it is just a cheaper (not quality-wise) lespaul without all the binding and pup covers.
so people are wrong but that is still a worthy choice.
Actually there are many more differences than just the fbinding and pickup covers, and I cna tell you, the other differences ain't pretty...
I'd take my Epi Les Paul Custom over a Gibson Les Paul studio anyday
Current Setup

Schecter Blackjack C7
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMG 81/85
Peavey 5150II Head
Peavey 6505 Cab w/ two Eminence Texas Heat
Epi PR5-e
Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by bokuho
Actually there are many more differences than just the fbinding and pickup covers, and I cna tell you, the other differences ain't pretty...

please, enlighten me. Other than some obvious cosmetic differences, I haven't been able to notice any notable tonal differences between my LP studio than any of the standards I've played.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
please, enlighten me. Other than some obvious cosmetic differences, I haven't been able to notice any notable tonal differences between my LP studio than any of the standards I've played.

Some of the differences include:
- lower grade wood
- wood construction (multi-cut almost plywood style, rather than 2-slab or solid construction)
- hardware is a lower quality cast
- hardware is made of cheaper, softer metal
- cheaper pots
- and so on.

There is a good reason why Studios are cheaper, people. You can't expect to pay half the price and only lose the pretty finish.
Quote by bokuho
Some of the differences include:
- lower grade wood
- wood construction (multi-cut almost plywood style, rather than 2-slab or solid construction)
- hardware is a lower quality cast
- hardware is made of cheaper, softer metal
- cheaper pots
- and so on.

There is a good reason why Studios are cheaper, people. You can't expect to pay half the price and only lose the pretty finish.

Yeah, but most of those differences make very little difference in terms of tone or reliability. Obviously lower- quality wood makes a difference, but there are studios with equal or nicer cuts of wood than some of the standards, it's hit or miss.