does anyone know any decent sounding solos that arent extremely basic but provide a bit of a challenge for someone whos only been playing 4 months
If you've got any kind of effect pedals, you can make the solos from beverly hills by weezer sound cool. Not as cool as the talk box, but still cool
learn the pentatonic scale and just wank around in that
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Nothing Else Matters, the first solo in Fade To Black, and the first two solos in One. All by Metallica

EDIT: Also called penatonic wankage like stated in above post
Quote by angusfan16
I opened my eyes and found my mother standing next to me with my sheets in one hand and the other hand over her eyes. She said, "Why are you naked!" and i quickly tried to come up with an answer, but all i could get out was, "Feels good man."
Last edited by metdethslaythrx at Feb 17, 2008,
i just learned hey you by the exies a little while ago. wasn't too hard. metallica is great to learn for a beginner guitarist. try for whom the bell tolls. it's probably one of their most basic "solos". if you learn to tap, try pieces of eruption. the tapping is the easiest part of the song, in my opinion. if you're feeling confident in your skills, try master of puppets by metallica. if you don't think you can play the fast solo, try the interlude solo.

"basic" is subjective. it depends on how experienced you are.