Lately I've been having problems with my amp, a '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue. I'll have the Reverb on but it won't be audible (the reverb), even if I turn it up higher. Then I'll wait awhile and there it is, loud and clear.

Also my amp makes a slight hum, even if no guitar is plugged in. I just don't know if a tube amp should make any noise at all (even at low volumes like 1 or 2). Should I take it to a shop and get it checked out or what?
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
propable my old amp had a hum and it just got worse then my amp just stoped working alltogether
I think it is a tube-driven reverb so check the tube. It sounds more like it may be a dirty pot or connector frayed, or maybe the contacts corroded. Clean the reverb pot, unplug the wires to the reverb pan and wipe with contact cleaner, check for frayed wires. Be careful, make sure the amp is unplugged but remember it still can severely shock you even unplugged. You might get lucky and its the pots or wires. I don't know how it would act if the tube is getting ready to fail, stay on your thread for more knowledgable posts. Good luck.
Thanks man, I knew it was tube-driven, but I wouldn't think that it'd just go on and off randomly if it was the tubes, I'd think it would just get more and more quiet or something.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.