Poll: Favorite Guitarist out of these?
Poll Options
View poll results: Favorite Guitarist out of these?
Slash
10 31%
Synyster Gates
5 16%
Zacky Vengeance
0 0%
Buckethead
4 13%
Mick Thomson
2 6%
James Root
1 3%
Jimi Hendrix
10 31%
Matt Tuck
0 0%
Voters: 32.
ok, im a novice/intermediate guitarist and ive been playing for only about a year and a half.

anyways yeah. ive been looking everywhere for help with this but

what is the difference between the Schecter Synyster Custom and Standard? other than the price and the pickups?

cuz ive been saving up a ton of money for a good guitar and amp and yeah i need help with that.
The pickups, and possibly the trem, though I don't know for sure. And as for one or the other, I don't suggest getting either. The pickups in both are very muddy, and its aimed for one type of music.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by Masonpwiley
The custom is a set neck, the standard is bolt-on.

^That too
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
Are invaders the actual pickups he uses? Because he has a pretty sick tone. That may be due to his Bonger head a rack full of effects, but I think the pickups are fine.
Custom:
Neck Thru
Original Floyd Rose
Custom Duncan Invaders with Coil tap
$899 USD

Standard:
Bolt on neck
Lisenced Schecter Floyd Rose
Duncan Detonators (Really Cheap Invader, Aweful sound)
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Dude don't get that guitar. It has someone elses name plastered on it and you may and probably will outgrow Avenged Sevenfold.

Edit: what does the poll have to do with the thread.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by Starchild_ex4
if its good enough for syn, its good enough for me!

Well try it first. You might not like it. I tried it and I hated the neck, but not everyone likes the same thing. I don't really like custom guitars because it has someone else's name on it.

Most pics I see of Syn, he is playing a white Schecter not his custom anyways.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Feb 17, 2008,
yeah either one would be ok, but get the vengeance custom, the syn models are just sickening while this one is at least good loocking

think about it.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
i disagree. im still waiting to outgrow van halen and pantera. It hasn't happened yet. Syn custom is very sexy,
Can anyone explain what the significance of "6661" is?

EDIT: Lulz if someone votes for Mick Thompson on the poll.
the band was created in 1999, so Zacky flipped it.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Dude, don't get a Syn at all. He's a good guitarist and Avenged Sevenfold is great, but do you really want a guitar with someone else's name on it? Think about it. Try out a LOT of guitars first and then tell me you still want the Syn model.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
It would be better to get a none sig model and put pickups in it.

but if you must get the vengeance, it has better pickups, the invaders are really muddy, UNLESS you have the bogner head and rack full of effects
Quote by Starchild_ex4
i disagree. im still waiting to outgrow van halen and pantera. It hasn't happened yet. Syn custom is very sexy,

Fair enough, I personally think they are a passing fad, but you're entitled to you're own opinion.

But, seriously it has his NAME on it. It seems so poser-ish.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Don't get a sig model. Syn is a good guitarist, but do you really want a guitar with his name?

I have heard the invaders are muddy, but I don't know. The only guitarist I know of that uses them is Syn and his tone is almost orgasmic.
Quote by Masonpwiley
Don't get a sig model. Syn is a good guitarist, but do you really want a guitar with his name?

I have heard the invaders are muddy, but I don't know. The only guitarist I know of that uses them is Syn and his tone is almost orgasmic.

I use the invaders, and i must admit they are kinda muddy, unless you have a great preamp., or epic amp, but its a dimebucker, minus the name-harmonics,crunch and yeh
Tom Delonge used an invader with blink 182. While it was only used in a pop punk context, it didn't sound that muddy to me. I could see it sounding a bit heavier in a mohogany guitar...
yeh i put it in an alder guitar and it was a tad muddy.

and blink182 doesnt exactly put ANY pickup to the test, much less one to be used with loads of distortion
For both, your playing for the name and the paint job. It may be good for one or two genres, but you can't expect to play the same genre for the rest of your life. At their prices, you could get guitars that could excel at what they do, and so much more. Exactly how good they are is debatable, but there is better.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp