Whats up everybody? Does anybody have any experience with east preamps? Im wanting to put one in my lakland darryl jones but havent played through one. Looks good on paper and has some amazing reviews. Ive got two options im debating:

1. Sell my schecter elite 5 and use my money from the sale and the money ive saved up to buy a spector euro.

2. Go ahead and just buy the preamp.

What do you guys think?
I'd go with the spector, personally. That's just me, the Lakland is a solid bass as it is. The spector would be worth it over the preamp, if you ask me.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
I'd go with the spector, personally. That's just me, the Lakland is a solid bass as it is. The spector would be worth it over the preamp, if you ask me.

Yeah, thats kind of what I was thinkin.
If you love the feel of the DJ and want an active preamp, get the East.

If you love the sound and feel of the DJ and want a different bass/different sound, get the new Spector.

Be warned if you get an East for your DJ, ask Dan Lakin about it cause the DJ has a special curved control plate that a regular East pre attached to a J bell control plate won't fit onto.
haha
I've fitted the J East J-Retro to two of my Basses both at the far end of the spectrum.
On my genuine 65 Jazz Bass the J-Reo worked wonders it brought the bass back to life with far superior electronics than on the fender DE- Luxe series.

I've also fitted the J-Retro kit to my G&L L2500 with amazing results.

An excellent piece of kit that can be fitted in less than 1/2 hour.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
If you love the feel of the DJ and want an active preamp, get the East.

If you love the sound and feel of the DJ and want a different bass/different sound, get the new Spector.

Be warned if you get an East for your DJ, ask Dan Lakin about it cause the DJ has a special curved control plate that a regular East pre attached to a J bell control plate won't fit onto.

Yeah, they just put out a j-retro made for the dj with a curved plate. Thats one of the things that made it really desirable.