Out of those two, I'd take the Metalcore.

Get a Metal Muff though and save your ears from a brutal rape.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
well i personally like amp distortion but metal core if i had t ochoose
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
both sound like a angry hornets nest but seriously get a metal muff or a better amp.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
out of both of them i liked the metal zone honestly because it gave me betoor attack and response and most of all it just sounded more balssier the distortion i think was descent solid it had a form

but i wanna try out the metal muff to ive heard great things about those there having a sale tommorow and ill deffinately check it out
the cool think about it is that its also a boost pedal but i dont know ill have to compare them tommorow

the only reason im considering buying any of these two pedals is because i was at guitar center yesterday and i had a few people come over and check out what pedal i was using even a salesperson came up to me to see what was up i just told them it was a metalzone and one of the ****ers he had one but cant make it sound like that
ive never have people come up to me and say "wow your good play some more"
so thats the main reason im buying it
Last edited by the-kid66 at Feb 17, 2008,
Metal Muff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
hey i have a question
what the **** is a top boost
is that just the english way of making EQ sound cool
or is that just what they call it
Quote by the-kid66
hey i have a question
what the **** is a top boost
is that just the english way of making EQ sound cool
or is that just what they call it

It boosts the treble. Think of it as a 'Solo' switch of sorts.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
They both suck monkey butt.
Get a metal muff.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yah the metal muff is better than both of them, but the metal core is very muddy and if you had to go between a metalcore or metal zone, go with the metalzone.
It's like godzilla verse another odd japanese monster. Terrible, noisy, and in the end, no one wins...
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by xmercyme21x
yah the metal muff is better than both of them, but the metal core is very muddy and if you had to go between a metalcore or metal zone, go with the metalzone.

yah i noticed that to and i also figured that out
its pretty stupid really because the metalcore i guese is supposed to be for "the every day rytum player" as stated by boss i dont ****ing understad why the metal core is in production when the metal zone makes it totally obsolete

i was also thinking of getting the boss OD-1 because it made the zone thicker and creamier
but if i go with the metal muff do you think it will be needed i have a fender red knob super 60
and dont tell me to **** off on the OD-1 and go get a tubesscreamer because on its own for the price its pretty good i dont wanna go and get a tube screamer because its to expensive
im just saying if its needed for some *chuga chug chug*
Last edited by the-kid66 at Feb 17, 2008,
get a keeley mt-2 it's freaking tight. i would guess the people that say it suck are just not metal fans. the pedal is cool. your ears will hurt after a while though if you turn the knobs all the way up and have it on max.
Earth without ART, is just Eh...
Quote by Kevin Saale
It's like godzilla verse another odd japanese monster. Terrible, noisy, and in the end, no one wins...

excellent
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
thats sounds grate and all but i dont exactly wipe my ass with benjamin franklins
and i cant afford a keely pedal
i have no idea how much it cost but knowing that company i dont even have to ****ing ask
Quote by the-kid66
thats sounds grate and all but i dont exactly wipe my ass with benjamin franklins
and i cant afford a keely pedal
i have no idea how much it cost but knowing that company i dont even have to ****ing ask

Then just go with the metal muff, it's the same price as the metalzone and even cheaper than the core.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
ok since every one on here agrees on the metal muff ill give it some seriose tought and compare the two products carefully tommorow and ill come back and tell you guys what i chose
thanks for mentioning the metal muff who ever did
i was just ganna go in tommorow and buy the MT-2 but if the metal muff is as good as you guys say it is then thats the way im going
check up on you guys tommorow

oh yah one final thing do you guys know anyone who makes a vibrato pedal i was playing some fenders yesterday and just fell in love with that effect
not much diffrent from tremolo but i liked it alot
Quote by metalzeppelin
get a keeley mt-2 it's freaking tight. i would guess the people that say it suck are just not metal fans. the pedal is cool. your ears will hurt after a while though if you turn the knobs all the way up and have it on max.

That's because its modded. The metalzone is so thin sounding out of the box.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
just got my metal muf today from the store
god thanks so much for recomending this pedal
its totally brotal and very flexilble in textures
i would have never known happiness if i went in there and just walked away with the metal zone
Try the Digitech Grunge pedal.

Hmm... too late.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Feb 18, 2008,
^yah you guys keep telling yourselfs that

ahahhahaahhahahahahaha
i think ill keep my metal muff
I bought my Metal ZOne on ebay, when ebay 1st came out.......I love this thing. I have about 12 other pedals in my box of crap.....and this one has managed to stay on the pedal board since I got it.

Granted, my set up is a little weird......and I dont have a metal amp....so running this through a Fender tube.....sounds really good to my ears. You do need to mess with the EQ to get the tone you want......but the pedal defiantely does not suck monkey ass.
There are probably better ones out there.....but this thing is solid.....at least 11 years old, and still works perfectly. More than I can say of Line 6 stuff.....
Quote by STABxYOU
Try the Digitech Grunge pedal.

Hmm... too late.

now that is funny.

that is the #1 pedal that I could never sell, give away, etc. That pedal does notproduce any usable sounds.

The more I think about it.......you must be just kidding around....right?
^^
i agree its a solid pedal i was really going to buy the metal zone but fortunately i found a metal muff
but the reason i bought the metal muff is because
as one guy mentioned somewear it just gives a tighter feeling to it
if you do decide to get an overdrive pedal and are short on cash look at the digitech bad monkey
Quote by richgray5
now that is funny.

that is the #1 pedal that I could never sell, give away, etc. That pedal does notproduce any usable sounds.

The more I think about it.......you must be just kidding around....right?

Nope, I've always liked how mine sounded, and I've compared it to loads of other distortion pedals. I just throw an EQ pedal in between the pedal and amp to boost my mids.

If you still got it, mail it here.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2