no, and yes. if you practice you'll get it in about a month (at least the first part lol)
After playing for a while you will start to rest your palm on the strings where they go over the bridge. You are also going to get good at lifting/muting the strings accordingly to the sound yo want. Thats what you need to learn, palm muting the strings with certain notes and not others.
I've been playing for 2 years and that's too hard for me, so that's all I'll say about that, haha.

The beginning part is easy, though. To alternate between PM and regular notes, you just lift your hand up. It takes a little while to get the hang of, but it's not too hard.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by dogismycopilot
After playing for a while you will start to rest your palm on the strings where they go over the bridge. You are also going to get good at lifting/muting the strings accordingly to the sound yo want. Thats what you need to learn, palm muting the strings with certain notes and not others.

in the begininning part with the second alternating section of palm muting and not palm muting

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/misc_computer_games/final_fantasy_7_-_boss_battle_tab.htm

the 333 1 section

every time i do pm333 than 1 the a string still rings out...
If it is too hard you need to slow it right down, use something like Audacity to alter the speed with altering the pitch and then try playing along. Don't expect to be able to play stuff like this immediately
I love playing that. It's so much fun.

EDIT: I don't play that version, though. I play a ReMixed version.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Feb 17, 2008,
Quote by Metallica rulz
That tab sucks balls... I want to learn this now. Yes this song is too hard for you probably. Especially the end parts.

there is a good guitar pro tab that im using
Quote by Acquiescence
in the begininning part with the second alternating section of palm muting and not palm muting

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/misc_computer_games/final_fantasy_7_-_boss_battle_tab.htm

the 333 1 section

every time i do pm333 than 1 the a string still rings out...

Place your palm as close to the bridge as you can when palm muting. You might be lifting up your hand too quickly. Try playing it really slow until the A string stops ringing, then you know you're doing it right.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Acquiescence
there is a good guitar pro tab that im using
Where'd ya get it? I'd like to learn this version.
Quote by Metallica rulz
That tab sucks balls... I want to learn this now. Yes this song is too hard for you probably. Especially the end parts.

no way man, the end parts arent even that bad. the sweep shapes used are pretty basic..and everything else is really simple but a tiny bit quick.

practice it slow first, and slowly increase the speed and youll get it in no time.

thx for posting about this...im playing it right now, its fun to mess around with lol
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Last edited by nvranka at Feb 17, 2008,