what would help with it? as of now, i can get a decent metal sound but it doesn't have any real 'balls' to it. at least not in comparison to my co-guitarist's El Diablo. what might help with this, pedal wise?

im not sure if any OD/distortion pedals would be good since it's a modelling amp. would a Metal Muff be a good call maybe?

and regarding EQ pedals, would an eq or a sonic stomp be a good choice to fatten up my sound some? im lookin for a kinda Sodom/Kreator/Warbringer type of thrash sound here.

thanks
Try boosting the front end of the amp with an overdrive of sorts. I wouldn't compare it to the El Diablo anyways. You're probably not going to match those high gain, valve tones with the Vox.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Try boosting the front end of the amp with an overdrive of sorts. I wouldn't compare it to the El Diablo anyways. You're probably not going to match those high gain, valve tones with the Vox.

You can't really boost a hybrid amp, ods are really just meant for tube amps.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
You can't really boost a hybrid amp, ods are really just meant for tube amps.

Well, seeing as the Vox doesn't use the ECC83 as a preamp valve and instead uses it as a power valve, I'd say the boost would work. It's not like boosting doesn't work on solid state amps either, it does add gain to the signal.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'd definitely say try it first though. I can't imagine a tube like that will respond in the same way that a pair of large power tubes would, but I've never tried it.
Quote by tehbensonzorz
so whats this equal out to, what kinda improvements could i do for the time being? until i get the cash for a 6505 combo or something.

Get an EQ pedal and muck around with it? I thought the amp was pretty ace on it's own though.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by tehbensonzorz
so whats this equal out to, what kinda improvements could i do for the time being? until i get the cash for a 6505 combo or something.

If you're saving for a 6505 just put the money you'd spend on the pedal toward that. You'll be better off in the long run.