heyy does ne1 own an alexi 200?
cuz if u do or know nething abt it-in just wondering if the guitar pickup(emg esp lh 300) can give bassy sounds. cuz i plan to put it in drop c(cgcfad) when i get it and on my current guitar, i can only get the bassy sound on my neck pickupim sure that changing the pickup would help-but that will happen down the road prob.
so yeh-feedback?
i own one but the lowest ive gone is drop d and it sounds awsom but it is alexi guitarand he pays in drop c so it should work quite well but if it doesn't just install a emg H4 its what alexi uses!
It'll probably handle it fairly well. It's a passive EMG, probably a select series, but it'll do for a little while. What do you mean by bassy? The bridge pickup in most guitars is going to be more aggressive than the rhythm pickup, while the neck pickup will be a bit more smooth sounding.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
It'll probably handle it fairly well. It's a passive EMG, probably a select series, but it'll do for a little while. What do you mean by bassy? The bridge pickup in most guitars is going to be more aggressive than the rhythm pickup, while the neck pickup will be a bit more smooth sounding.

its the alexi sig it only has one pickup

as for the thread get the 600 it's a great mid high range guitar but i'd still change to Bareknuckles
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

kk on my current guitar-im gettin a nu metal tone from it using the neck pickup. i repeated the same song with the same eq settings with the bridge pickup and it didnt give me that nu metal sound-and i was using the chords where u bar 3 same frets on 3 strings(dunno wht they r called-srry) and it sounded terrible on my bridge pup but amazingly real on my neck pup. i just dont want that problem when i get the alexi 200. if nething ill change the pickup to a rockfield mafia cuz they sound amazing for the price.
Quote by BAoxymoron
its the alexi sig it only has one pickup

as for the thread get the 600 it's a great mid high range guitar but i'd still change to Bareknuckles

I realize that, which is why I said the bridge pickup in most guitars. I was trying to figure out what the TS was looking for when he said bassy.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
never played the 200 but ive played the 600, Custom shop pink, saw tooth and the god's guitar it self(well i held it and strummed a little) all are great for their price
But then again you aren't gonna get a nu metal(:puke sound out of it you'd be better off with the stactic x, Gus g or willie adler signature heres the site http://www.espguitars.com/
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by BAoxymoron
never played the 200 but ive played the 600, Custom shop pink, saw tooth and the god's guitar it self(well i held it and strummed a little) all are great for their price
But then again you aren't gonna get a nu metal(:puke sound out of it you'd be better off with the stactic x, Gus g or willie adler signature heres the site http://www.espguitars.com/

welll thing is-i only need the nu metal sound a little bit cuz i only listen to one band with that sound-ill nino.and i rlly dig this guitar so chances are i might just get a new pickup within the next year if it sucks balls cuz i havent rlly compared it yet
ive seen it but not a big fan of it.
ill just get the alexi 200 and see if the pickup+the amp can give me the bassy sound
well if your looking for "bassy sound similar to ill nino you will definitely get it better out of passive pickups"
-George Will