Hey guys,
I have a 1990's Transtube 100 Watt Head and it has lots of distortion but not just enough for pinch harmonics. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for a pedal or two that would give me just enough gain....i was looking into the MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive and the Pod XT not sure if its going to cut it but i thought to turn to UG. So give me a suggestion or two of what you think would help me thanks.
jp
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
It not the amp, it's you. If you can do pinch harmonics then you shouldn't need any gain, hell, you should be able to do them on an acoustic guitar.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
It not the amp, it's you. If you can do pinch harmonics then you shouldn't need any gain, hell, you should be able to do them on an acoustic guitar.

agreed !
distorsion can help you out when it comes to PH, but if you really want to master them you should be able to do them even on an acoustic as said.
I have the dunlop distorsion 3 pedal....and on a bridge position a SD Hot-Rail ...can get very nice PH with them
How would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. It takes 4 minutes to get hard, 2 minutes to get soft. You share your box with 9 other guys. But worst of all: the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mother. So cheer up...
i think he means he cant get good sounds of ph on the amp. either that or your techniqe, how long have to you been playing.
yeah i can do them on a acoustic and on the clean channel, what i ment was i need a bit more of a bite for it to sound better
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
It's a solid state so you can't really boost it. If you're unsatisfied with the amp I'd suggest a new one.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not