I've been thinking recently about how being tired effects my taste in music. In a normal state, you'd catch me listening to the likes of:

The Clash
The Specials
The Libertines
The Sex Pistols
Bob Marley
Babyshambles

So mainly punk/reggae/ska. Now here's the dilemma. I'm finding lately that I'll start listening to genres of music that would usually make me shudder (right now I'm listening to Die Dead Enough and Hangar 18 on repeat, I usually can't stand metal of any sort, I just found these in my brother's old "Random" music folder from a few years ago).

Anyone else effected like this?
When I go to sleep, I listen to slow country songs and slow modern rock.

When I'm wide awake, I'll listen to anything really. Mostly blues though. Anywhere from Blues to Metal and anywhere in between.

It also is affected by my mood. If I'm depressed, I'll listen to slow music. Vice Versa.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
idk maybe normaly i cant stand screaming and im kind of listening to COB and Wintersun lately. only problem is most of the time i dont get enough sleep anyway lol always staying up till oneish and getting up around 6 for school
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Dude , I can sleep while listening to Slayer.

Raining Blood makes me drowsy , lol

But I guess that's because I go to sleep late.
Quote by Ostinattos
Dude , I can sleep while listening to Slayer.

Raining Blood makes me drowsy , lol

But I guess that's because I go to sleep late.

same with me. I reember all the time when i come home from school and listen to cannibal corpse - hammer smashed face, I get really sleepy. it's like so beautiful, the riffs liketake me on a mental journey, and i start to day dream about being somewehre, and i just want to lie down and convert that day dream into a normal sleeping dream.

but i think ur musical tastes have less to do with ur sleeping pattern and more to do with your general emotions and feelings which are also affected by the amount of sleep you get I guess.
i like putting yngwie malmsteens concerto for electric guitar with the new japan philharmonic on repeat sometimes while i sleep. sometimes regular classical music is just wierd i need the guitar with it lol

edit: yea kinda wierd at night i always get drowsy to some of the hardest metal i have lol fell asleep listenign to wintersun the other day i wasnt even trying to goto sleep.(i know my friends say there not very hard at all lol compared to something like cannibal corpse or necrophagist)
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Feb 17, 2008,
i listen to lotsa different stuff, im not sure if its effected by the time of day.
on another note, if i dont sleep (stay up all night) i find i make more interesting songs. go figure.
How can Megadeth make you shudder? Silly boy.

I don't think it affects anything... I listen to Ska, Metal, and Punk when I'm wide awake, and I listen to those same genres when I'm dead tired.

I'm listening to god damn Protest the Hero right now and I'm running on fours hours sleep in the last 48 hours
well, ive noticed such as well, normally i would be listening to something like Pink Floyd, Queen, Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, foo fighters...but as i have been falling asleep lately I've noticed that I put on a more punk NU kind of music...Bands like Bullet for my valentine, or possibly even Get Set Go...ima eat some cereal an then start a brain functionality test online to see if different types of music while you sleep changes in any way what your brain does (function rates, function numbers, general activity.)
Quote by 1The_Trooper1
How can Megadeth make you shudder? Silly boy.

I don't think it affects anything... I listen to Ska, Metal, and Punk when I'm wide awake, and I listen to those same genres when I'm dead tired.

I'm listening to god damn Protest the Hero right now and I'm running on fours hours sleep in the last 48 hours

Because I don't like it, metal, or anything heavy at all. Silly boy.
If I put on my "Jimi Hendrix: Live at woodstock" DVD and lie down in the couch at the same time, I fall asleep
sleep...ah yes I remember that
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Lack of sleep has got me listening to a lot of ambient stuff...
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN