I acquired a Guitar Research Amp called The "GR-60R" and I am unable to find any information about it on the internet....It has 2 input jacks, however when 2 are used the second input is ridiculousy softer....Also the overdrive button is sometime stuck on "ON"(even if the button is pushed out). It sounds ok but the main thing is I wanna know what other people say about it. (other than how it sucks because of what I've mentioned above)

Can someone give me a review or opinion of this amp? Does anyone even have it?

Please and Thank you.
Main Gear:

Xaviere XV-870
w/ 2 "Dream 180" Humbuckers + Mid Boost Mod + Coil Tap

Peavey Classic 30

Modified Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Digitech Bass Synth Wah
GFS Twin Overdrive
Way Huge Swollen Pickle
Line 6 DL4
Boss ME-70

possibly a schecter amp?... i mean its a stretch but they do have guitar research in their name
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
If I remember correctly Guitar Research was Sam Ash Music's store brand...either them or Musician's Friend. Don't know too much about 'em, never played one.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by latinosuperstud
possibly a schecter amp?... i mean its a stretch but they do have guitar research in their name

It definently doesn't have anything to do with Schecter.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
^ just a guess... we dont have sam ash around here so im unfamiliar with them... im pretty sure rogue is musician's friend's store brand
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by latinosuperstud
^ just a guess... we dont have sam ash around here so im unfamiliar with them... im pretty sure rogue is musician's friend's store brand

yeah, now that you mention it, i own a rogue amp, you're right
TheBurningFish wrote:

Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Yeah, rogue is MF's house brand.
guitar research is sam ash's.
It's like that cheap piggyback hartke. I have heard it's not very good, but i'm a tone freak. It may sound fine to you.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
The reason it goes all quiet is because you're not supposed to plug two things into it - it has 2 inputs in case you have instruments with different output levels but you're still only supposed to use one at a a time.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
The reason it goes all quiet is because you're not supposed to plug two things into it - it has 2 inputs in case you have instruments with different output levels but you're still only supposed to use one at a a time.

Thing is when either input is used, it sounds fine, but once you plug in a second one then the 2nd input goes near dead.

But I guess if you had instruments that had a really really big difference in output....

Or maybe you're right not both should be used....but then whats the point if its loud on both when you're using one instrument..
Main Gear:

Xaviere XV-870

Peavey Classic 30

Digitech Bass Synth Wah
GFS Twin Overdrive
Way Huge Swollen Pickle
Line 6 DL4
Boss ME-70

Quote by emr_steelmech

Lol. Sorry, close but no cigar.(Cigars are bad for you anyway)

I got the name right its definently the GR-60R. Its not a tube amp btw its a solid state 55W

Thanks though!
Main Gear:

Xaviere XV-870

Peavey Classic 30

Digitech Bass Synth Wah
GFS Twin Overdrive
Way Huge Swollen Pickle
Line 6 DL4
Boss ME-70

Quote by Robert Gill
Thing is when either input is used, it sounds fine, but once you plug in a second one then the 2nd input goes near dead.

But I guess if you had instruments that had a really really big difference in output....

Or maybe you're right not both should be used....but then whats the point if its loud on both when you're using one instrument..

Like I said, you're not supposed to use both inputs at the same time, normally with dual input amps using one will bypass the other to prevent you inadvertently overloading the amp - there's nothing wrong with it, you're just doin it rong.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com