So I want to put EMGs into my Ibanez RG550. Anyone tried these pickups yet: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150210123745&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005. Kirk is probably my favorite guitarist so if they are actually like the ones he uses then I'm definitley getting them.

Also, anyone have an idea of what the 20th Anniversary RG500 pickups are worth (2 HBers and a SC pickup).
Earth without ART, is just Eh...
Last edited by metalzeppelin at Feb 17, 2008,
You should get them. I like emg's cuz it could play mostley all sorts of genre's...You should get it.
no you dont want those, you wants seymour duncan blackouts. A MILLION TIMES BETTER SOUNDING THAN EMGS.

/end of thread
How hard is it to install active pickups in a guitar that doesn't have them? I don't want to have to carve out a section in the body for a battery.
Earth without ART, is just Eh...
I will also recommend the Seymour Duncan Blackouts, I slapped a set into my S520 and I've never looked back.

It's not that hard, if you're at all competent with a soldering iron it can take you anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes to install active pickups. They will come with a wiring diagram which explains where to connect all the wires, and they provide all the necessary parts (new pots, a new input jack, wires).

Hope that helps!
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808